Guns you regret buying or building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I watched the Chevy Truck Team Challenge for years. One day i decided to go for it. I built a 10/22 that truly was impressive. Not just a bunch of cool parts thrown together.
I polished a Ruger reciever. Freefloated, pillar bedded and glass bedded the action. I found when i freefloated my barrel into the B&C Odessey stock, i noticed the barrel just setteling bown into the stock. No freefloat. I realized that the factory mounting screw just allowed the action to pivot downward. So i tig welded a rear lug onto the reciever and bedded a screw pillar into the stock to prevent this.
I used a Greenmountain fluted stainless bull barrel that was drilled and tapped for the volquartzen cantilever mount.
No stops on this project. Even used the volquartzen TG2000 trigger. I have forgotten all the cool custom crap i did.
Lots of machining etc.
The optic was an SWFA 10x42M.
The result was a rifle that was utterly repeatable and boring to shoot.
I would load the Ruger mag up and shoot a hole into a blank 50yard target. Then srnd the next 9 into the same hole. Thats will Walmart Federal 550 bulk crap!
Well after a year and a couple grand i had this and a tricked out MKIII ready to go.
Thats when Chevy pulled out of the comp. So here i had more than 2k into the rifle alone and they tell me i stand to win $1000. Just last year the winner got a truck, and now all this effort for $1000?
Were talking 9ball money any saturday night in Tulsa. FU@K THAT.
So the guns sat in the safe for years. I used them for trick shots.
If a guy said his scope was malfunctioning, id throw it on the 10/22 and shoot pretty boxes and ladders and prove "Its not the scope here buddy".
Those guns (and everything Ruger) are gone now. Still PI$$ES me off thinkin about it.
Today my. 22lr needs are met with a dedicated AR15 built EXACTLY like ny other ARs, and an Advantage Arms slide on my G34 frame. Those guns are nore than accurate enough and are perfect for realistic training!

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Mosin-Nagant. Everybody had one, except me.

I got a hex-receiver Izzy ( I think it's an Izzy), and 2 cases of Bulgarian light ball, or some such ammo. Spent 3 days getting the cosmoline out of the thing.

That was 5 years ago. Still haven't fired the pig. Damn thing is 40 feet long, barely fits in my safe. Still have the 2 cases of ammo out in the shed, where I regularly trip over it.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The four or five Glocks I've owned. I kept telling myself I'd find one that I liked, but haven't so far. That trigger...

sponge-viscose.jpg

For everyone that complains about Glock triggers...I must say; you're doing it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For everyone that complains about Glock triggers...I must say; you're doing it wrong.

If a specific method is required to use a Glock trigger, I'd say Glock is doing it wrong. I've used the triggers on XD's, M&P's, LC9's, P99's, and PM9's, and they all felt better to me than the trigger on any of the Glocks I owned or tried.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a specific method is required to use a Glock trigger, I'd say Glock is doing it wrong. I've used the triggers on XD's, M&P's, LC9's, P99's, and PM9's, and they all felt better to me than the trigger on any of the Glocks I owned or tried.

On a Glock, after you fire the first round...the intent is to reset the trigger without completely depressing the trigger and resetting the safety. Simply put, you are not supposed to completely let up on the trigger and allow it to travel all the way forward in between shots.

Owlcreekok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 27. Ex took it with her. Best thing she ever did. Was worth the wore out 1911 I traded for the 27 to get rid of her.

I WISH the only thing I disliked about a Glock was the trigger. Very good handgun, I just cannot stand how they shoot, feel and look. But then, nobody has ever topped the S&W M66 to my notion, so take all with a block of salt.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a Glock, after you fire the first round...the intent is to reset the trigger without completely depressing the trigger and resetting the safety. Simply put, you are not supposed to completely let up on the trigger and allow it to travel all the way forward in between shots.

You don't think I already knew that? ;) The trigger still is worse than most I've experienced. Then again, I'm spoiled by the triggers on a S&W 3913, 4506, 4566, and 5906. And on about any 1911.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't think I already knew that? ;) The trigger still is worse than most I've experienced. Then again, I'm spoiled by the triggers on a S&W 3913, 4506, 4566, and 5906. And on about any 1911.
I'm "perplexed" by your horrible opinion. [emoji38] [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remington 700 I bought online. The only other guns I regret owning are a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II, an M&P 9L and an XD9 5".

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old LC Smith 12 gauge. No regret except it was my Dad's and it got stole by the son of someone I knew, and I had to buy it back from a low life he sold it to, to get it back.
Long story, but only way I could get it back was to go through another low life. The little **** that stole it was suppose to pay me back but always had a reason to not so I took a crap load of tools and saws and called it even.
His dad was a good guy but not apot to pee in himself. I figured I came out about a hundred bucks ahead in value.
Passed it on to my nephew so he could pass it on to one of his boys.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom