Guns you regret buying or building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10/22

Don't regret it, but wish someone would have kicked me in the butt at around $500 bucks..

This was late 90's when the target 10/22's were coming of age. Bought a stock 10/22 model, then a Hogue stock, Green mountain barrel, Kidd trigger, Leupold mounts and rings, a decent scope, and a few misc parts, before I knew it, had probably $1K in it. Barrel had a match chamber, and it just wouldn't feed run of the mill ammo, was a jam-o-matic, plus it was as heavy as a big game rifle. Put it back to the original config w/ the Kidd trigger. It probably shoots 90% as good as the heavy barrel and now digest everything I feed it.

Stupid me..

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
FNH FiveseveN MK II pistol. Looks cool, but the ballistics are more in line with shooting coffee cans at 30 yards then CCW. Also, the grip is big, like cinder block big. Holds a bunch of rounds, but other than that I say... MEH

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my money pit was a Falkor Defense (used to be SI) 308. bought the upper,lower, and the unobtainium handguard, their LPK for around 11 franklins, bought a ballistic advantage 18" barrel for 176, SLR adj gas block 100, raptor 308 ambi charging handle 100, Fail Zero bcg @170, ARP flash hider for 60, Armalite A2 stock and all the parts 100+, then spent a small fortune on tools i'll never use again to put it together. the barrel receiver fit was so tight i had to take it to Steve Baldwin to get it in - likely take a D6 Cat to get it out now, the hand guard has 12 or 16 screws that i ran all over town trying to find a ball end hex wrench in 9 eleventy billionths on an inch to put on. i couldn't get rid of it fast enough.it's a nice rifle, but an absolute nightmare to build.

traded it off for a Dillon 650, a nice roll around Husky work bench, a PSA FN barreled 6.8 spc II, and 400 bucks. i think i got close to even, but don't think too much about it because i don't want to be depressed

Latest posts

Top Bottom