Guns you regret buying or building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am just curious if anyone has bought or built a gun they regret.

For me its the 9mm AR pistol I just built over Christmas.

PSA Upper Consisting of:
10.5 inch barrel
KAK Flash Can
12 in free float key mod forearm
Magpul BUIS sights
A little cheap ass red dot

PSA Lower consisting of.
Glock mag lower
Dedicated PSA 9mm
PSA LPK
Anti roll pins

Shockwave industries blade pistol brace.

I went all out thinking this was gonna be the holy grail Of my arsenal. I wound up costing
Me in the 850.00 range to complete.

It is accurate, fast, shoots clean, fun. Sexy as hell and looks good in the safe.

So why can't I fall in love with this thing? ARs for me are far more fun to build than they are to own. I keep hoping if I just leave it in the safe it'll grow on me. I mean......it ain't hurting a thing in there.

Anyone else???

BEFORE ANYONE MAKES THE ACCUSATION... its not for sale. Not trying to sell it on the sly. If I wanted to sell it,I'd post it in the classifieds.

Last edited:

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
remington 700 .308. Planned my ideal bolt gun to get myself interested in distance shooting. Had around $2500 wrapped up in it by the time it was all said and done. Shot it twice and decided bolt guns just arent for me. I had to piece it out to recover what funds I could and ended up losing quite a bit of money.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2, bought off the internet. By the time I got around to shooting them and finding something was wrong with them, any chance to get a refund had expired.

Remington 81 Woodmaster: Barrel/spring shroud threads were boogered and the tang bolt was stripped. No way to fix it without spending a lot of time in the weld/machine shop, and I didn't have access to one any longer. So basically un-fixable at this point.

Marlin 336: Shot great, functioned great with a scope. Tried mounting a rear peep and to zero it, the vertical was hanging over to one side, used almost all of the adjustment. Best I can figure, it was screwed into the receiver crooked. Clamping the receiver in a machine vice an zeroing it, the CL at the muzzle is .1875 out with the CL of the receiver. Saving it as a loaner, or give away gun. Works, but only scoped.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I just got started, trying to figure out what I liked, I had two pistols that I hated but didnt know it until they were bought and fired (Ruger P90, Glock 21). The rest of my guns have been everything I wanted really.

I can feel @zghorner and his woes to an extent...I have a bolt gun that I have WAY too much money into (close to $4k?) and rarely shoot...but when I do shoot it, it erases the thoughts of me getting rid of it.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can feel @zghorner and his woes to an extent...I have a bolt gun that I have WAY too much money into (close to $4k?) and rarely shoot...but when I do shoot it, it erases the thoughts of me getting rid of it.

Yea man for me it was just that I discovered I didn't like bolt guns after dumping so much money into one. I have a 6.5 Grendel AR now and just prefer to hit targets consecutively without manually running an action.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The four or five Glocks I've owned. I kept telling myself I'd find one that I liked, but haven't so far. That trigger...

sponge-viscose.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
2, bought off the internet. By the time I got around to shooting them and finding something was wrong with them, any chance to get a refund had expired.

Remington 81 Woodmaster: Barrel/spring shroud threads were boogered and the tang bolt was stripped. No way to fix it without spending a lot of time in the weld/machine shop, and I didn't have access to one any longer. So basically un-fixable at this point.

Marlin 336: Shot great, functioned great with a scope. Tried mounting a rear peep and to zero it, the vertical was hanging over to one side, used almost all of the adjustment. Best I can figure, it was screwed into the receiver crooked. Clamping the receiver in a machine vice an zeroing it, the CL at the muzzle is .1875 out with the CL of the receiver. Saving it as a loaner, or give away gun. Works, but only scoped.
I'm curious...was that 336 a JM stamped Marlin or a Remington made version?

@zghorner, I just can't get into bolt guns either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom