Gymnast breaks both legs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a career end'er. Hard to watch but I guess what bothers me is the lack of urgency of those that came to her. EMS and even Doctors should have been racing to her. Each of those folks had radios.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a career end'er. Hard to watch but I guess what bothers me is the lack of urgency of those that came to her. EMS and even Doctors should have been racing to her. Each of those folks had radios.

If its just an ACL tear it won't end her career. I competed after my ACl was repaired, and my second year we had a freshman come in just off an ACL repair.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Classic ACL tear. I know, been there. It doesnt hurt as much as the fix does.

Too true. It hurt worse when my PT doc decided I was going to go 90 degrees that day than the actual injury. Which graft did you get? For me they did a patellar graft. I know a few people who got hamstring grafts.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Professionals do not “race” when on scene. Approaching deliberately allows for evaluating the scene and observations you can’t make while running around with your hair on fire.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess that I've been blessed. As a wee youngster, I was anemic, thus I never developed a lot of size or strength. Because of that, about all I was able to do was play Little League baseball and do PE in school. One year, the school purchased a trampoline, upon which I was pretty good. I taught myself a "routine" that included a flip and a quarter.

Closer to Spring, the school opened up the pool for the PE classes. I went to do a flip off of the diving board...

...thank goodness that it wasn't the high diving board.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too true. It hurt worse when my PT doc decided I was going to go 90 degrees that day than the actual injury. Which graft did you get? For me they did a patellar graft. I know a few people who got hamstring grafts.
Actually mine didn't "tear", it stretched until it pulled away from the bone with a chunk of bone still attached so they were able to re attach it with screws or some such hardware.

Latest posts

Top Bottom