h and h gun store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roho

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
went to h and h today to check out the ruger sr 556 , my first time there and i was not impressed, the sales person i talked to didnt know anything about the gun , when i would ask a question he would say i ,dont know, i would have to say can you ask somebody who does , and the price of the gun was 1599.00 most i have seen are about 1475.00 for the same gun , i will use the gift card but that will be my last trip there

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, for a person with only four posts, you seem to have H&H figured out. There are a couple of people there that know which end of the gun the lead comes out of, other than that the sales staff (especially the younger crowd) is totally worthless, prices are horrible though they will pricematch if you go through the trouble of seeing what a real gunstore would price something at.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a problem PM FALGuy. He is a well-respected member here, the manager at H&H and a personal friend. He will listen to your concerns and address them with the staff. I will have to say that overall the place has gotten MUCH better since he became a manager there.

Welcome to OSA.

roho

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just think when you go into a place to spend your money, the staff should know their inventory if they dont get some one who does, dont just say i dont know and stand there, and have to be asked to talk to somebody who does know, i and am putting this nicely

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just think when you go into a place to spend your money, the staff should know their inventory if they dont get some one who does, dont just say i dont know and stand there, and have to be asked to talk to somebody who does know, i and am putting this nicely

I agree with you. All I am saying is you can complain here and get nowhere or you can speak to someone who would really like to make sure your shopping experience is all it can be and get something done.**

**Disclaimer: I worked on the range for a couple of years and when they hired me I didn't know come here from sic'em either. Difference in me and a lot of the newer guys there is I knew I didn't know and learned as much from the customers and I did a couple of the old farts working behind the range counter then. Those two guys (yes LoneWolf, I KNOW!!) have forgotten more about guns than I will ever know. Unfortunately, the older, long-term employees there are not likely to help the new guys out any because the turnover for youngsters is so high. Contrary to popular belief, there is a LOT to learn and a very short learning curve there, which contributes greatly to the turnover. Anything else I have to say about turnover is based on my own personal experiences with the Halls and probably not relevant to this discussion so I'll just leave it at that.

Bottom line is talk to Mike ... or not ... it's up to you ... no skin off my teeth. I was just giving you the information to address it further than just fussing here if you so wished.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a recent thread concerning H&H, FALGuy stated that they have around 95 employees and approx. $7,000,000 in inventory. Given those odds, I'm sure that it is possible to find one employee who did not know all the in and outs of a particular weapon. Given the number of employess I generally see there, though, I don't think it would have been particularly hard to find another salesman to address your questions. And I agree with the other posters who said it is better to admit not knowing something than to just make something up. Sorry you felt underwhelmed by your experience there;there are many of us here who feel the opposite.

roho

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have done my home work on the sr 556 i just wanted to know what came with the gun i really didnt ask any techinal questions and some prices on a few things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom