Halloween Ideas needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never got to do Halloween because of religious parents. Now those same parents are encouraging their grandkids to do Halloween… not really understanding this one.. My wife still can’t believe the way I was raised.

It’s a learning experience for me as a parent now since I basically have to follow my wife’s lead on things since from birth I never got to believe in Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc etc…

Oh yeah and those same parents let the Santa thing happen for their grandkids when their own children didn’t get to believe in it. Lmao.
Its a parents job to make their kids hardy and lean and disciplined. Its a grandparents job to take those kids and make them soft and happy and spoiled.

Grossly exaggerating the dynamic of course, but this is along the lines of what I have seen my parents transition into as grandparents. I have decided the primary reason to go through all of the trials and tribulations of parenthood is to get grandkids and get to have all the fun and none of the responsibility as grandparents, haha.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the idea here to be cute or to be scary? Because the scary part can be easily pulled off with just a few items: a Jason Voorhies type hockey mask, a bloody (fake blood of course) apron, and an old chainsaw with the chain removed. No elaborate setup needed. And the trick-or-treaters definitely won’t forget your house. Just spit-balling here.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had a few ideas. First, I have this old work table I use for my projects. It has various paints and stains all over it and I bought some plastic prisoner slash dungeon chains and screwed them to the board. I set two T posts into the ground for support when I set up the board for Halloween.

I'm going to offer it to kids to shackle up and take pictures on the board.

dungeon n chains.jpg

board n chains.jpg

I also have a remote controlled High Voltage box that shakes and makes electrical noises when I push the buttons I attached to the board.

1666757639562.png

I also have a shreaking ghoul that falls down then scrambles back up a fishing line I can remote operate.
drop down screaming ghoul.jpg

I've been working on the electrical on all this today.

control board.jpg

I'm thinking about using the innards of the UFO from last year to suspend above the board so it looks like a laboratory.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I refuse to participate in a Satanic celebration.
Depends on your point of view, one could say salami technique, a little evil slipping in as a little harmless fun, others could say supernatural emphasis and a little scare puts "the fear of God" in them. I do know this, if supernatural evil exists, God exists. If there were traditional vampires and traditional werewolves, and if satanists were able to co opt demons to do their bidding very few would have trouble believing in God.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had a few ideas. First, I have this old work table I use for my projects. It has various paints and stains all over it and I bought some plastic prisoner slash dungeon chains and screwed them to the board. I set two T posts into the ground for support when I set up the board for Halloween.

I'm going to offer it to kids to shackle up and take pictures on the board.

View attachment 313083
View attachment 313086

I also have a remote controlled High Voltage box that shakes and makes electrical noises when I push the buttons I attached to the board.

View attachment 313082

I also have a shreaking ghoul that falls down then scrambles back up a fishing line I can remote operate.
View attachment 313084

I've been working on the electrical on all this today.

View attachment 313085

I'm thinking about using the innards of the UFO from last year to suspend above the board so it looks like a laboratory.
Any chance you'd PM your address? Would love to just come over and watch from the sidewalk. Really cool what length you're going to so the kids(or you) get the enjoyment!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well,
Halloween couldn't have been any better! Rather than getting the kids dressed up to go beg for candy at each house, I got about 50 kids and adults engaged in the photoshoot of their kids shackled up and having a good time goofing off, taking pictures. It went over so well half the time the kids would get their pictures taken, unshackle, and thank me for the fun times and forget about the candy!

Have you ever seen kids forget the candy?

I hit the button on one of the pranks and one little 6 year old girl was so scared she broke all the plastic chain links getting away from it. Her mother was laughing so hard she couldn't keep the cell phone still.

Parent after parent thanked me and said this was the best time they had experienced tonight.

One woman said she had heard about us and said you don't know how much I appreciate this!

My doctor's nurse recognized me and brought her kid over.

The best part is the wifey was giving me grief about going to so much trouble getting ready for this then she got to seeing the joy we were bringing to the families and she started hitting buttons and even suggesting stuff for next year!

Latest posts

Top Bottom