Hard of hearing? Beware Amazon Prime . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ADA is not a 'program'. It is an arrangement of standards in a code. Bitching about how unfairly you are being taxed to 'subsidize' these codes are akin to griping about traffic laws, building codes, and life/safety codes. Of course, your 'fiscal conservativeness' is overridden by bitterness and greed, but there are no platitudes for those.

Why codes matter:
Link: http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...desh-factories-geared-to-produce-tragedy?lite

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Amazon Prime - as others have said, I use the hell out of that free two day shipping. On the other hand, my internet is so weak, I never use the on-demand options for movies and TV.

Oh, and also -

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with Amazon Prime, though those I know who have it simply get it for the shipping savings.
Amazon Prime is about the free shipping, and has been since its inception. The "free" streaming (of part of their library) is a recently-added "bonus" to get people using their streaming service.

And before you blame Amazon for not having CC on their streaming videos, you might want to look into who is supposed to be providing the CC for the programs--it may not be Amazon at all, but the studio that produces the program. Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, et al, are often (read "almost always") blamed for content issues that are actually forced on them by the studios in the contracts.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A shame that our laws have been so perverted that the govt can force a private enterprise to provide services at their expense for a group of consumers they may have no interest in catering to. This power should not exist. Let the consumer determine what services are provided through the marketplace.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Amazon Prime. Living about 25 miles away from the nearest Wal-Mart or pretty much anything else, the free 2 day/3.99 one day shipping comes in very handy to me. I don't have to waste 15 bucks in fuel just to run over and grab something I need. I sometimes use the instant video option, but I have prime for the shipping, which is what it's all about.

Saying Amazon discriminates against the hard of hearing because all of the video's on a bonus add on service don't contain captioning, is like saying Wal-Mart discriminates against hungry handicapped people because they don't offer free chicken with every wheelchair.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A shame that our laws have been so perverted that the govt can force a private enterprise to provide services at their expense for a group of consumers they may have no interest in catering to. This power should not exist. Let the consumer determine what services are provided through the marketplace.

Yeah! Lets let all those hard of hearing, blind, wheelchair bound, small, weak, and mentally handicapped fight their own battles!

ETA: wounded veterans

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe you should just be ashamed the .gov is less selfish than you. You won't be young forever. God forbid the day you actually benefit from provisions of the ADA.

Yes, the government so selfless with all those liberal social programs. Then again, it is pretty easy to be generous when you're spending other people's money.

If selfishness = wanting to keep the hard-earned product of your own labor, and wanting to choose for yourself which social agendas to support (or not), then like Mrs. Rand said, selfishness truly is a virtue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom