Has anybody tried the metal stuff that

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to turn my case vibrator on out in the shed at night. And run a long pole and place one end on the top of the case vibrator and the other against the rain spout next to my neighbor with the noisy dog's bedroom window.

heehee. I wish. It is a thought though.

Dave

You are an evil, evil man ... I like you ... A LOT!! :wink2:

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly recommend that tumbling NOT be done inside the house. But if you do, the wet method will go a long way towards alleviating the lead that's in the dust. I don't want to wait on my brass to dry so I'm sticking with the dry media.

that's why I run mine while I still have brass to load. There's always something to tumble and dry while I'm loading.
I also can leave it on the towel in the garage overnight to dry.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that's why I run mine while I still have brass to load. There's always something to tumble and dry while I'm loading.
I also can leave it on the towel in the garage overnight to dry.

You know if I decide to fork over the money for all this stuff it is gonna be your fault. I gave the salesmen at H&H my usual "yeah, right" routine ...

Of course I am pretty sure I can find everything I need online for less money, even with shipping. I really enjoy visiting with the employees at H&H but dang ... I choke everytime GC prices something there. :disappoin

Of course, if I find later that I have misspoken and they are the best deal (hasn't happened yet ... except for those yearly memberships, which are a great deal if you shoot more than once a month) I will gladly come back and eat crow.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know if I decide to fork over the money for all this stuff it is gonna be your fault. I gave the salesmen at H&H my usual "yeah, right" routine ...

Of course I am pretty sure I can find everything I need online for less money, even with shipping. I really enjoy visiting with the employees at H&H but dang ... I choke everytime GC prices something there. :disappoin

Of course, if I find later that I have misspoken and they are the best deal (hasn't happened yet ... except for those yearly memberships, which are a great deal if you shoot more than once a month) I will gladly come back and eat crow.
You can definitely find the Thumler's model B online for much cheaper. the media is comparable.

if you want to come and check out my setup, let me know. I love it, wouldn't trade it.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the information you can possibly want is located in this thread on Sniper's Hide. Once you see the results using stainless steel media, dawn ultra and a 9mm case full of Lemi-shine, you will think Jeffsoward's results are dull.

Do not buy anything from H&H except for maybe the brass media. Their prices on the Thumler Tumbler is way high and they are only selling the low speed model. You can find the high speed model quite a bit cheaper than their price. You can tell if it is the high speed model by the "HS" designation on the tumbler model number. There is a guy in the Sniper's Hide thread who can give you a contact for stainless steel media for a good price. That is who I bought mine through and he was a very nice guy and easy to deal with.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the information you can possibly want is located in this thread on Sniper's Hide. Once you see the results using stainless steel media, dawn ultra and a 9mm case full of Lemi-shine, you will think Jeffsoward's results are dull.

Do not buy anything from H&H except for maybe the brass media. Their prices on the Thumler Tumbler is way high and they are only selling the low speed model. You can find the high speed model quite a bit cheaper than their price. You can tell if it is the high speed model by the "HS" designation on the tumbler model number. There is a guy in the Sniper's Hide thread who can give you a contact for stainless steel media for a good price. That is who I bought mine through and he was a very nice guy and easy to deal with.

Not to worry ... :bighug: Thanks a ton for looking out for me though!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forget H&H for the brass media all you need to do is go to a welding supply store and buy the brass rod you will have to cut it up yourself and it is cheaper.

That sounds like a "job" for GC ...

I want to thank you guys for all your help with this. Ya'll have never let this gal down. If I can ever return the favor just PM me ... :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom