HATS....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rarely wear a hat. Most of the time at home if I do happen to have one on it comes off as soon as I hit the door. If I am in a large store and happen to have one on I may leave it but that is mainly due to the bright lights. Somewhere that isn't trying to recreate the sun it will come off. For me it's more of a vision thing than anything else. With that said I watch a bunch of Army privates crap their pants when I lived in Lawton and they would be in the mall acting stupid and someone would randomly from some place state "Remove your cover."

Eating and sleeping with a hat on... I don't care what the other people do honestly. 99% of the time it doesn't apply to me anyway.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
On older guys they don't want people knowing they are bald on top.
So they wear one from when they get up til they go to bed.
I know several like that and they were in the military.

It ain't just old guys that are bald you know. My hair started thinning in my late 20s. I cut my hair weekly with clippers short as you can go. I wear a hat almost anytime I am outside. Protects the noggin from sun and other dangers that hair helps with. Also helps control your body temperature. I wasn't military but I never eat with a hat on. I will wear them indoors when I am somewhere other than my house as I don't have no where to put my hat since I am not home. If I do take it off then I might forget it. Like my hat that I left at my sister in laws on Easter.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't walk out the door without a hat on. It only comes off when I get back in the house, church service starts or occasionally in the vehicle on road trips. I will take it off at other folks houses if I'm staying for a bit.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It ain't just old guys that are bald you know. My hair started thinning in my late 20s.

Speaking of that I have a cousin who had nothing but a couple thin whisps of hair left by 20. His brother was almost completely bald by 18. That branch of the family decided to skip the receding hairline and just lose it all.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm kind of like Cowcatcher, although I no longer wear the western hats. (Cowboy hats to all you city folks.) Except for at home or at church, my hats never came off my head for long. It was too risky to remove a western hat in a restaurant and not worry about someone stealing it if it was on a hat rack or stepping on it if it was on the floor.

Since I also can't wear western boots anymore because of skin issues, I refuse to wear a western hat and look funny. Now, I mostly wear baseball type caps, or the occasional "floppy" hat if it looks like it will rain. (I really hat rain falling on my ears.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom