HATS....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's a sign of respect, i.e. removing a cap/hat/cover when indoors, at least that's what rubbed off on me when i was lad, i generally followed my dad's examples. the Corps reinforced that principle , no hats/caps/covers indoors unless armed, no saluting indoors unless you were armed and covered. period,,,thus it has become rude behavior and disrespectful. my daughter warned her beaus when around me indoors to never have their headgear on. LOL

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That I can agree with. I’ve seen my dad wear a hat a handful of times in 53 years,so he never passed on any ‘hat etiquette’. Dang, hope I don’t get excoriated then next time y’all see me indoors with a cap on!

No but you may have to buy everyone a drink of their choice. :P

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all the former DOD crowd on this site I'm absolutely shocked that the real answer hasn't been shared.

It is absolutely unacceptable to wear your issued cover "hat" indoors... PERIOD!!!

I learned this somewhere around hour two 1988 at MCRD San Diego...

Carry on...

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It was just "common courtesy" or manners. That is from the era where those things counted, before we came into the era of "I'll do what I want".

It really doesn't matter, just something I noticed really for the first time this past week. Nobody should change their wardrobe habits over silly hats.

But, backwards?....
LOL If you are over 30 and wear your hat backwards and you are not a welder, your a dork !! YOMV:cool:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, handsome indeed... in a stalker/serial killer sort of way. You even have the proper equipment.
:D

Who's yer furry friend? :drunk2:

Over the many years of being in the outdoors and camping there as well, I had NEVER gotten a decent picture of a bear in the wild. On our 2005 Alaskan cruise and land tour, I knew the one chance I might have would be at Denali National Park. But, also aware of my sorry luck, I talked my wife into taking that photo so that I could have "proof" of a "bear encounter."

But, I also lucked out in Denali when a female Grizzly crossed directly in front of our tour bus and started digging into the side of the slope after a ground squirrel.

And, since then, no more good luck.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Same here, but I was taught to remove my hat/cap in church, homes, elevators, and at table in restaurants.

I think most of us are just a product of our raisin'...
:drunk2:
It was just "common courtesy" or manners. That is from the era where those things counted, before we came into the era of "I'll do what I want".

It really doesn't matter, just something I noticed really for the first time this past week. Nobody should change their wardrobe habits over silly hats.

But, backwards?....

What courtesy are you not showing by wearing a hat ? Now having asked that , my maternal grandmother did not want you wearing one at the table and I always respected her wishes, not only because I loved her to the moon but she would light into my Dad like a pit bull terrier so I thought she was Super woman LOL. Watch that mean :cool: bastidge duck his head and say yes Ma'am and do what he was told was just amazing, to me :cool:, needless to say I was a little skeered of that little bitty woman .

Latest posts

Top Bottom