Help! WIRELESS PRINTER INSTALL: This is killin' me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a new HP Deskjet 3050 wireless printer, model J610a at Best Buy today, the young guy said it was an easy install...yeah right; maybe for him! I have been here at the steenkin' PC for hours trying to connect this thing and it just WON'T PRINT!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is such a simple little task so darned hard? I hate these things! Any help for a PC-Printer-challenged OSA guy out there? I am about to give it one to the hip; if I knew where it's damn hip was.....

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. rtfm (sorry! :))

2. make sure that the wireless NIC card on your computer is on the same network segment as the default IP of your new wireless printer

3. hit the default IP in your browser, navigate the menus, change IP address of printer to one that is on the same network segment of your wireless router

4. ????

5. profit

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are still having problems, I live in Mustang and could probably get by to help some time this afternoon or this evening.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:scratch:
1. rtfm (sorry! :))

2. make sure that the wireless NIC card on your computer is on the same network segment as the default IP of your new wireless printer

3. hit the default IP in your browser, navigate the menus, change IP address of printer to one that is on the same network segment of your wireless router

4. ????

5. profit

Thanks...NOT! If I knew what a NIC card and network segment and default IP was, I wouldn't be having this issue...would I? (Smarty Pants). I am so old that technology to me was when we had toaster that did both sides of the damn bread at once. I took the freakin' horrid thing thing back to Best Buy and got my money back. My 26 year old daughter, after having some laughs at the "old man's" expense, is going to come hook me up this weekend...she says.

Crap. I get so frustrated at what should be a simple task. :scratch: I betcha lots of geezers here are in the same boat as me too.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks...NOT! If I knew what a NIC card and network segment and default IP was, I wouldn't be having this issue...would I? (Smarty Pants). I am so old that technology to me was when we had toaster that did both sides of the damn bread at once. I took the freakin' horrid thing thing back to Best Buy and got my money back. My 26 year old daughter, after having some laughs at the "old man's" expense, is going to come hook me up this weekend...she says.

Crap. I get so frustrated at what should be a simple task. :scratch: I betcha lots of geezers here are in the same boat as me too.

If she cannot get you going the offer still stands. Just send me a pm.

I doubt if you are much older than I am, but I did start working with computers back in the dark ages (1963).

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I didn't intend to rub salt in the wound there! I've heard if you piss off a geezer too bad, they shoot you and spit beechnut in your eye!

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google your printer and find a driver for your computer to go with the printer. I got a wireless printer and couldn''t figure it out for a min, and thats what I ended up doing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom