Help with teenage boy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I need some input from some other parents of teens out there.i have a teenage boy that is 13 yrs old.let me start by saying he is a good boy for the most part makes a's & b's in school.he does'nt ever get in any trouble at school.but i ca'nt get him movivated he is so lazy it makes me want to staggle him.example went in his room here while back a 6 empty soda cans in his bedroom.not so bad right tell him that better never happen again i be switch next time i was in his room 2 wks latter 8 soda pop cans in his room and to make matters worse they wore on shelf in closet.his job is to take out trash and he gets alloance for it he will take it out after you tell him,does'nt do it on his own,then when he gets back does'nt put new bag in can unless u tell him.he is so good at base ball that it is unreal he pitchs and is fair at it and he never patrice if he would he would the best i ever seen for his age.if i go with him he will pratice.but there is alot times i cannot and i try to get him to pratice alone he just will not.how do i get this boy motivated.or mabye i am just being a old fundy dundy anyone else have a problem with there teen being lazy

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 30 years you'll be willing to give anything to have these days back, warts and all. The best you can do is love him. As long as he knows you love him he's going to turn out okay. As hard as it is, and I know it's hard, don't let the coke cans define him. He's much more than that.

JP0212

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might be a butthead, but I start taking away those things that they like. My 11 year old niece is living with me at the moment. I was apalled to find out that at her age she can not label a blank map of the US. I told her she had a whole week to learn them or I would take her $10 a week allowance. I was shocked when she didn't know them a week later. I told her she wasn't getting her allowance until she learned them. 3 weeks later she still didn't know any of them which really pissed me off. As most girls her age, she cares entirely too much about how she looks and spends a freakin hour every morning getting ready. I don't know what the hell she is doing because she is not allowed to wear makeup or anything like that. Most of it is spent doing her hair. So, since all she seems to care about is how she looks (bit of a diva), I told her if the states weren't learned within 9 days I would take everything she uses as a "beauty product" away from her. D-day was tonight. She didn't pass. Now she has only shampoo, conditioner and a bar of soap. That is all she gets until she knows every damn state. If they aren't all learned by this coming saturday night she will lose more stuff she likes. Once they are all learned, we will start over because she will then need to know the capital of each state. Then we will move on to American History.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
13 year old kid has a head full of girlios. He makes good grades but hoards pop cans. That's an above average young man you've got there. Consider yourself lucky.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Observe what he really likes, and then take that away from him. My 13 yr old is the same way. The most important thing I can tell you is, to be consistent. We had the same problem with his older brother. It all worked out, the oldest is a very fine young man(25). Thats not a proud father talking, he really is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom