Here’s Why Honda and Toyotas are Unreliable Now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate working on newer cars. I need to drain and flush our radiator in the Rav4 since it looks like mud under the cap, but I will probably take it in and have it done.
I can remember working on 65 Chevy pickups with the straight 6 engines. There was room for me and my tools under the hood. Probably an ice chest full of beer too. Maybe a lawn chair. Anyway, now days you can barely get your hands in there.

Last edited:

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate working on newer cars. I need to drain and flush our radiator in the Rav4 since it looks like mud under5 the cap, but I will probably take it in and have it done.
I can remember working on 65 Chevy pickups with the straight 6 engines. There was room for me and my tools under the hood. Probably an ice chest full of beer too. Maybe a lawn chair. Anyway, now days you can barely get your hands in there.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate working on newer cars. I need to drain and flush our radiator in the Rav4 since it looks like mud under5 the cap, but I will probably take it in and have it done.
Just get the Toyota coolant. Drain what’s in the radiator and refill it with new once every few years. It’s a great way to cheaply maintain without much work. It’ll keep it all new enough. You can do the same with a little pump and your other fluids. Mine is clean and the same red as new by doing that. Same with transmission fluid. No flush, just drain and replace regularly.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1982 Ford Mustang with 200" inline 6.
Nothing replaced except fluids and filters and brakes and tires for 300,000 miles.
Then starter went out.
I delivered Pizzq in that car and hauled lumber in it and a boat my 1975 bayliner was towed with it
many times.

Car body fell apart around the engine, trans and rearend.
376,000 miles it was parted out.
Drivetrain was just fine and still got 27MPG with NO overdrive and a carburetor.

You tell me the cars are better and I call BS.
Straight 6 Ford Or Datsun straight 6 for the win in reliability.

I will give much credit to my 1995 Toyota corolla as the interior and car has worn better than that Mustang and now has 362,000 miles on it.
The things I haul and the places i drive that 300,000 plus miles to me is impressive.

I feel most vehicles should go 300,000 miles easy if well maintained.
I loved my 78 280Z. But I was the father of two in a two seater car that had to go.

Cool car though, how do you think I got to be a father of two. :naughty:

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a 2006 Toyota Sequoia, a 2013 F250 diesel, and a 2013 Cadillac Escalade...if I had to jump in one and take off to Alaska, it would for sure be the Toyota. (Would cost a little more on fuel though)

Latest posts

Top Bottom