Here Is A Couple Of Questions For Uvalde Victim Relatives To Ask ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What was reported today is that the door was a heavy steel door that opened outward with a lock on it. LEO did not have the equipment on hand to breach the door until a TX game warden showed up with a crow bar and hammer. The custodian showed up with a key at the same time.
This is the current story of why they couldn’t breach the door.
Personally, I would think from a security standpoint that the local Leo and sheriffs dept should have been issued a master key?
12 gauge buck will open any lock.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitions

Security Guard (Very Little Training)
Texas Resources Officers (Very Little Training unless over 30,000 students)

UCISD Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District
UCISD Campus Police (Pete A. and five officers) for Eight Schools (Work for Schools)
(Could be a Commissioned Police Officer but not required)
Pete A. in in charge (No Exceptions) (Unless School Board – Principal Invites Commissioned Officers on Campus) Where is the Tape of the 911 call from School Board or Principal?

Commissioned Police Officer (Been to a Police Officer Academy 17-20 weeks)
Must be invited into School Building!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think I saw or read a news story stating that the doors were made of steel and open outward. If so, that would make them hard to breach without using some serious explosives.

That said, I also heard that they had to wait for someone to show up with a key, so why don't they have easier access to keys?
Firemen do this all the time with a crowbar like tool designed for this very scenario.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Firemen do this all the time with a crowbar like tool designed for this very scenario.

I've not seen anything regarding the "entry point" of the classrooms, but the design could have limited the use of the tool. The high school that I attended many years ago had the doors to the classrooms inset a few feet from the hallway wall. In such a case, I'm not sure what how much leverage could be applied with the tool.

Besides, if they were limiting access to the building, I'm not even sure the fire department would have been there.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I saw or read a news story stating that the doors were made of steel and open outward. If so, that would make them hard to breach without using some serious explosives.

That said, I also heard that they had to wait for someone to show up with a key, so why don't they have easier access to keys?
I doubt it would have taken any explosives to get the door open, and i really doubt any windows in that building were even bullet proof

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The authorities handcuffed a woman who was agitated about her two children in the school (apparently the police were not going into the building.) When they took the handcuffs off of her, she sprinted and jumped over the barricades and pulled her two children out of a window.
She did what any parent would do that loved their children. We haven't heard the last of the failures on the part of many people/agencies and I would expect that some will lose their jobs or face civil lawsuits. Plus, the city of Uvalde is in line for major lawsuits.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did my son/daughter/spouse bleed out and die because law enforcement delayed going in? How may lives could have been saved had an immediate entry into that school been conducted?

As for me, I wonder if this point has been addressed by local authorities, relatives, and the media ...

Makes me sick to think about it.

Woody
What's aggravating for me is the people who use the inaction of these officers as a reason to not encourage schools to hire actual armed security whose job is . . . . managing the physical security of the schools.

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Don't firemen have master keys/codes to gated communities, etc.? Why not have something similar for physical security measures at schools or other locations?

Latest posts

Top Bottom