Hi-point any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My BIL has one in .45 for a truck gun. I think he's shot it once in about 10 years. It worked fine. I keep telling him if he'd get rid of it, that his truck would get better fuel mileage...

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock 'em down please don't do that to this thread.Most people that post
the doom never owned one.I know theres a lot of people out there that
own one & it would be fun to hear from them.
:chat:

That is why I said what I did! :ugh2:

Meaning I hope you get some "good" responses here instead of a bunch of haters and bashing. :rolleyes2

Me personally, I've never owned nor even fired one. I held one...it was one heavy mutha-scratcher! :bigeye:

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own one, a 45 model. It has never jammed and is actually one my most accurate pistols and yes, I own many other pistols.. Glock, Browning, Colt, RIA, Ruger and numerous military surplus models. It is big, heavy and ugly but it does function just fine. It also has a no questions asked lifetime warranty. I actually bought it to see if they were as bad as I had heard they were on the various gun forums but alas it has been a reliable gun.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned several hi-points through the years. I've had them in .380,
9mm and 45 auto. Yes, they are big and bulky, and no, I never had a problem with any of them. They all functioned flawlessly.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive never owned one either but a buddy of mine has one and Ive shot it a few times it did ok. As much as everyone seems to hate them, my first hand gun was a Bryco .380. Let me tell ya, that was a learning experience. I would have deffinatly rather had the hi point. Ive since redemed my bad/cheap with some much better hard ware.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ironically, i was just going to post this question myself today. I read a review of .380's in a recent handgun mag and the guy rated the High-Point in second place. He said it never jammed and fired very accurately.

The guy in the gun shop yesterday said the same thing - "very heavy, but goes bang every time." it is remarkably inexpensive. If this is the case, I don't understand why everyone doesn't own at least one to just keep it somewhere unusual in case they need it.

I also learned from this guy what a "blow back" slide is. Never knew that. So, cool. :-)

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom