High School Basketball Shot Clock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I don't agree with the shot clock. If those girls used a different strategy to win the game than the way they usually play then good for them. The losing coach has no one to blame but himself for not adapting to the strategy. All a shot clock does is benefit the team with the best shooters. There is more to the game than shooting, as this coach obviously prooved.

Then we should just have no play clock for football, or any sport. Then we can all just sit there and watch them run the clock out for 45 min... I think it's pretty crappy they'd stoop so low to tie up a game like that. AND THEY STILL LOST.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I don't agree with the shot clock. If those girls used a different strategy to win the game than the way they usually play then good for them. The losing coach has no one to blame but himself for not adapting to the strategy. All a shot clock does is benefit the team with the best shooters. There is more to the game than shooting, as this coach obviously prooved.

I see your point of view as well, just wasn't what I would expect from a championship game.:)

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, a team which knows it has no chance is called cowardly, dishonorable and crappy for giving itself the one slim hope they have for staying in the game? Some of ya'll have strange priorities.

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other team should have put in someone off the bench and told them to go after it, even fouling if need be to get it going. Although its hilarious that the stalling team lost.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
read the article he prooved nothing they LOST. only thing he did is tell his girls they could not compete with the other team

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stall ball or "delay of game" is outdated, even in girls basketball. It dies a little more every year because the coaches that still implement it are retiring. I don't recall ever seeing a coach under 40 implement a delay strategy. It serves a purpose for sure for inferior teams - but the kids don't like it, the parents don't like it, a growing number of coaches don't like it & most importantly it doesn't teach the kids anything useful about the game b/c it's a useless strategy outside small high school ball. I will not miss it when it's completely gone.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our coach did the same thing and used the same strategy back when I was in High School. It wasn't at the State Championship game but the team we did it against went on to win state in Class 2A. The Yale Bulldogs (Yale, Ok) were stacked one year with Seniors and a young Brady Page(Keiton Page's older bro) and his dad David Page(Oklahoma Hall of Fame Coach) and we had zero chance to run/play with them. So we stalled the exact same way and LOST the exact same way. I don't remember the final score but it was a joke. I have never been more embarrassed at a game then I was during that game. The announcer started playing music several times during the game(which you can't do) along with another one bites the dust. lol I would rather play and see how you stack up and lose then not play and still lose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom