Hit the jack pot today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it was a mirage or maybe someone put a hologram of them on the case window. LOL

When the counter guy was digging them out of the case another fella was breaking his neck to see if there was any more left.

There was also a box of Federal Fusion 243’s, I left them cause they were around $30.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who would have thought ammo would be this tight. Yeah, I can see how pistol ammo can be short with millions of new gun owners not trusting the government anymore to protect them, but obscure deer rifle rounds???
hunter966 needs to buy some scratch offs or lotto tickets!

It is because they basically quit production of the hunting ammo to make 9mm and .223.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the local Wally World looking for a Christmas and birthday card for my wife, thought I’d cruise by the ammo locker and dang!!

2 boxes of Federal 30-30’s and 1 box of 243’s. Now where’d I put that lottery ticket?
If you watch ammoseek pretty consistently you can catch good ammo buy's, Bass-Pro/Cabela's regularly has it, you can get .30-30 for $1.25 per rd when everyone else is selling for $2.50 pe rd

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who would have thought ammo would be this tight. Yeah, I can see how pistol ammo can be short with millions of new gun owners not trusting the government anymore to protect them, but obscure deer rifle rounds???
hunter966 needs to buy some scratch offs or lotto tickets!

When the common cartridges shot up, everyone hoarded up the rest of the more obscure stuff. Jethro might not shoot more than 5-6 .243 rounds per year, but he got the last four boxes on the shelf 16 months ago.

The problem is exacerbated by the focus on common cartridges by ammo manufacturers right now too in order to get their product out.

I watched this for a few months from my high horse on my reloading bench until the same thing happened to components:D.

I consider it a good score now to find components at "pre-COVID" prices...

Latest posts

Top Bottom