Hog Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lutherfetch

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am a Methodist pastor that lives in Rawlins WY. I did not get to hunt this year due to an injury. I am wanting to make a trip to OK to take a ferral hog and fill my freezer. I pretty much live on wild game... not to mention, I have reallly been in the dumps about not being able to hunt this year.

I have some cousins in Tulsa. Was wanting to drop down to OK to take a ferral hog or two. I am interested in any kind of fair chase hunt. NOT interested in watching an animal get ripped to death by dogs. Once was enough.

Would appreciate whatever kind of advice on where to hunt. If you are interested in going with me, I can trade you for all kinds of opportunities in WY. I have some snowmobiles and can give you a tour of the Medicine Bow National forest. Can also take you on one of the best drift rivers in the country fly fishing. Rawlins is the antelope capital of the US. Could definately get you into some trophy antelope if you are interested. Could turn this into an annual event.

Drop me a note.

thanks.
rev john

locknload

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not posted on this forum for quite some time. Guess I should visit
more often. But a buddy of mine from church was discussing hog hunting
the other day. He said he found a contact where we might be able to go
hunting.

I am waiting for him to get some more info about it. I live in South Tulsa;
& I have never hunted a day in my life! I am mainly interested in going to
a safe place where people do not get mistakenly shot! That's one of my
main concerns.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never hunted a day in my life! I am mainly interested in going to
a safe place where people do not get mistakenly shot! That's one of my
main concerns.

I know this is off topic, but your missing out on one of Okla's greatest assets. That is being in the outdoors, and in a safe enviroment. I have a link to the NRA/ILA website that gives hunter safety with guns in a national level, and breaks it down to a state level so one can see what goes on in Okla.
I hope this alleviates any fears you may have, and we see another hunter in the field. Safer in the woods that driving your car.

locknload

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is off topic, but your missing out on one of Okla's greatest assets. That is being in the outdoors, and in a save enviroment. I have a link to the NRA/ILA website that gives hunter safety with guns in a national level, and breaks it down to a state level so one can see what goes on in Okla.
I hope this alleviates any fears you may have, and we see another hunter in the field. Safer in the woods that driving your car.

I have nothing against being in the outdoors. In fact, I enjoy being one
with nature. I am originally from Brooklyn Long Island New York. I moved
to Tulsa six years ago. I even took the hunters safety course at the Bass
Pro shop in Broken Arrow.

Even aced the test, I did! I have a lifetime hunter/fishing license. But
when I hear stories of people being accidentally killed while hunting, to me,
it's food for thought. I would love to go hunting, & just being in the outdoors.

But there is still room for improvement with some people. The first time I
get to go hunting, I would like it to be in a controlled environment, and with a
guide who knows what the heck they're doing. After that, we'll see. :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have nothing against being in the outdoors. In fact, I enjoy being one
with nature. I am originally from Brooklyn Long Island New York. I moved
to Tulsa six years ago. I even took the hunters safety course at the Bass
Pro shop in Broken Arrow.

Even aced the test, I did! I have a lifetime hunter/fishing license. But
when I hear stories of people being accidentally killed while hunting, to me,
it's food for thought. I would love to go hunting, & just being in the outdoors.

But there is still room for improvement with some people. The first time I
get to go hunting, I would like it to be in a controlled environment, and with a
guide who knows what the heck they're doing. After that, we'll see. :)

I don't know why the link I posted last night didn't appear, but I'll do it again. I think you'll find your a lot safer hunting that some of your everyday activities.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=127

OKC MAD COW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, are you looking for a guided (paid) hunt, private land, or public land? If you don't mind public land then I really suggest Love Valley WMA. It's just east of I-35 and right up against the Red River. I have seen the biggest wild hog there. Been a few times myself but have not taken one from there yet. THe best part, it's free! Hog hunting is open year round and you can take as many as you want.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a guided (no dog) hunt, I'll have to dig but I can get you some info on that too. I did one out by Geary last year.

Let me know if any of these interest you and I can get you more info.

-Thom

OKC MAD COW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for offering the info. I'd like to get more info on both of what you
suggested.

As for the public land hunting on the Love Valley WMA, visit www.wildlifedepartment.com and view the interactive map for Love Valley. Pretty much anyplace close to the river is going to have hog activity. It's not easy hunting but it's free. Last time we went, after just 10 minutes, a huge hog walked out right in the middle of a creek bed.

Need to find the info for the guided hunt we went on. Price is now around 300 - 350 per person but includes Friday afternoon, Sat and Sun. They have a houses you get to stay in too. Overall it's pretty nice but a bit too much for me. With that being said, you'll most likely get one. I'll dig around and see if I can find his info again.

If you are really serious about going to Love Valley, PM me and I'll get you my phone number and we can talk.

-Thom

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for the public land hunting on the Love Valley WMA, visit www.wildlifedepartment.com and view the interactive map for Love Valley. Pretty much anyplace close to the river is going to have hog activity. It's not easy hunting but it's free. Last time we went, after just 10 minutes, a huge hog walked out right in the middle of a creek bed.

Need to find the info for the guided hunt we went on. Price is now around 300 - 350 per person but includes Friday afternoon, Sat and Sun. They have a houses you get to stay in too. Overall it's pretty nice but a bit too much for me. With that being said, you'll most likely get one. I'll dig around and see if I can find his info again.

If you are really serious about going to Love Valley, PM me and I'll get you my phone number and we can talk.

-Thom
that was www.addictivehunting.com you went to last year and they have gone up to 350 per person for 1 hog each additional hog is $50. i found another place thats a little better deal but about 3 hours from okc

Latest posts

Top Bottom