Honor Defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honor Defense is a 9mm pistol patterned after the M&P Shield. I have heard nothing but good reviews about the gun and I heard the company is veteran owned and employs mostly veterans. I've never shot one though but I hear they shoot similar to a Shield.

spazzwarr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one new when they first came out. Got a nice deal from a gun shop that was selling out its inventory. The sub-compact version does resemble the Shield. I liked the grip set-up and the slide serrations. The orange front sight performs the same way the "Big-dot " sight does. My gun was accurate and after about 100 rounds was reliable. I had an issue with the slide release. It was very sensitive and was like a hair trigger. It released, for no apparent reason, on on my hand and a couple of fingers 2 or 3 times. Painful blood blisters. I called the company and evidently talked with the owner. I got the old "that has never happened before and why don't you send it in on your dime so we can look at it" response. I sold the gun at a discount with disclosure. My opinion is the company is too small and does not have the corporate dynamics to make it long term. Spare mags were expensive. Why put up with it when you can get something that performs better and costs less. I saw a review of it and other sub 9mm single stack handguns last week. It got fairly high ratings, however the consensus was to go with Walther PPS M2, as it was more ergonomical, had a better trigger and was more accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom