How do you feel about stores that don't take cash?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbeetle

Marksman
Reaction score
We're hoping to open our retail location soon (remodeling currently) and have been debating the ins and outs of accepting cash. As a consumer would it affect your decision to shop somewhere knowing they didn't accept cash?

Thanks!

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all sincerity, why the hell would you not accept cash? There are plenty of people, gun owners and TEOTWAKI commandos especially who want nothing to do with the system and buy everything with cash they can. Seems to me like because of the relatively niche products you sell your customer base would potentially shrink substantially.

T

TheMcs

Other than having enough change on hand, what's the con of accepting cash?

I'm with ripnbst, if you want the prepper market you'll have to take cash.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pay at the pump with a card. Past that, I'm a cash guy. I most likely would not shop at a brick & mortar retail store that didn't take cash.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like my purchases to be used by the banks and .gov to study my purchasing habits. Not to mention I don't like the idea of some $10-15/hr counter help digging himself out of poverty with my credit card number.

I only deal in cash for any face to face transaction. This includes cars and anything else I don't purchase online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom