How long have you been married?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This May will make 37 years for us. Most people said we wouldn't ever see our first anniversary since we only knew each other for a couple months before we got married. Hope they learned to like the taste of crow.
I probably would have been one of those who was skeptical, and this is one crow I'd be happy to eat!

CoolShi7Designer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my wife and I got married, a friend/mentor of hers who was a very active church going Christian, noted that we weren't active and that a marriage without Christ as the third cord in the braid was doomed to fail.
Her marriage and life in general has been drama and chaos for years.
We gratefully celebrated our 10 year anniversary in August with our 2 kids in our new home here in OK.
She never forgets to wish us happy anniversary and told me this year that she thinks about how wrong she was about us and that she uses it to help her be less judgemental of others.
I told her I'm glad that being so utterly wrong has helped her grow.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have been married 54 years, and still like each other! In fact she still thinks I'm sexy, just last night we got dressed up to go out to dinner. I looked pretty good if I do say so myself. I walked into the room where she was and kinda strutted my stuff, and she said " WHAT AN ASS!"

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my wife and I got married, a friend/mentor of hers who was a very active church going Christian, noted that we weren't active and that a marriage without Christ as the third cord in the braid was doomed to fail.
Her marriage and life in general has been drama and chaos for years.
We gratefully celebrated our 10 year anniversary in August with our 2 kids in our new home here in OK.
She never forgets to wish us happy anniversary and told me this year that she thinks about how wrong she was about us and that she uses it to help her be less judgemental of others.
I told her I'm glad that being so utterly wrong has helped her grow.
My wife's family said that they didn't give us 6 months when we were getting married. That like I said was 37 yrs ago, never thought once about getting rid of her she is to good a woman. Funny thing is she has 4 brothers and a sister that were all married at the time, only one lasted 15yrs. One brother is on his 5th wife.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's family said that they didn't give us 6 months when we were getting married. That like I said was 37 yrs ago, never thought once about getting rid of her she is to good a woman. Funny thing is she has 4 brothers and a sister that were all married at the time, only one lasted 15yrs. One brother is on his 5th wife.
Someone asked my wife if she had ever thought about leaving me. She said, "No.... thought about KILLING him a couple of times, but never thought about leaving him." :rollingla

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone asked my wife if she had ever thought about leaving me. She said, "No.... thought about KILLING him a couple of times, but never thought about leaving him." :rollingla
Haha, my wife would say the same. She isnt putting up with me to just walk away with no compensation, haha.

For our first few years of being together, we were both very content without the marriage part. But, as a lot of you guys know, everyone else always has to know when I am finally going to settle down with her. I started telling them all as soon as she wants it bad enough to propose to me just to watch their face and enjoy no more questions from them for a while. My plan was to propose on the trip we had been planning for Thanksgiving 2020 to take the kids to Hong Kong and visit a really good friend of mine and his family. My wife has a lot of amazing qualities, but patience didn't make the cut. On our way home from celebrating my grandpa's birthday she asks why we dont just get married on our trip to Vegas that was coming up. Lo and behold, she proposed, HAHAHA.

I told her I wanted our two kids to be a part of it too because my statement of commitment is to them as well. We set up a family vacation for our immediate families in Durango with skiing and all the fun stuff. Booked an entire car on the Polar Express and my brother officiated our wedding at the "North Pole". It worked out perfectly!

Latest posts

Top Bottom