How many of you have gas ranges?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used 'em in houses, tents, outside and in campers. Never died, not even once. However, do not use one in a camper for heating, then go to sleep. You could very possibly die from that.

I like gas because heat changes are instant.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I had a gas range, it's so much better for cooking. Since we weren't plumbed for a gas range I opted for a glass top electric when our standard coil electric stove gave up the ghost. It's not gas but it's MUCH, MUCH better than a coil electric stove top. I'll never go back to a standard electric again. I've had gas ranges in the past and never had problems with carbon moxide.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As mentioned above.. as long as you have a good blue flame with only slight yellow tips every so often, you will be fine. It is when you turn the burner up high trying to heat a room that you can run into trouble.

A stove top shouldn't be too different from the unvented blue flame wall heaters. Most of the wall heaters have a oxygen sensor that cuts the flame off if the oxygen level drops. I don't know if the modern stoves have the same feature or not.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
gas ovens on the other hand take a little getting used to.

The only thing electric on my stove is the clock, timer, and ignition. My oven is gas and just as easy as an electric to use, I turn the dial to the temp I want and presto. My range is as old as my house, which is 11 or 12 years old now, so it's not ultra modern or anything, so I'm curious why you say they're not as easy to use. I'm assuming older gas ranges aren't as easy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom