How many rounds do you keep in your stockpile with this shaky goverment of ours..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell me, if there is a financial collapse or a collapse of our government, what do you think five or ten thousand rounds of ammo is going to get you. Are you planing to use it to kill stuff to eat? Do you think that suddenly people will be trying to attack you and having that much ammo will enable you to fight them all off?

Just curious.

First thing that comes to mind is Katrina 5 or 6 years ago. That was a mini demonstration of what could happen should we have a catastrophic event. If you have roving bands of raping thieves it is good to be prepared and stocked up. Like the old saying goes its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell me, if there is a financial collapse or a collapse of our government, what do you think five or ten thousand rounds of ammo is going to get you. Are you planing to use it to kill stuff to eat? Do you think that suddenly people will be trying to attack you and having that much ammo will enable you to fight them all off?

Just curious.

My thoughts are that ammo is going to be very hard to acquire once there is any kind of Gov't shakeup or collapse. Just look at what happened when Obama was elected. I could not hardly practice with my .380 for over a year because there was none to be found (at realistic prices).

Like a Boy Scout, I am now prepared...

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Just curious.

Do you think the thousands of people living in the UK wouldn't have paid through the nose for 100 rounds of ammo when all they had was a spare mag and a few loose rounds? Hypothetically speaking as they aren't allowed to have guns anyway. Just curious.

I am trying to stockpile because most like yourself don't. I'll bet most 1/3 of the houses in my neighborhood have firearms, but some may only have a box of bullets, may be even none. They buy on their way to the range twice a year. If ever an uneasy situation comes along they will pull a premium. I don't pretend that they are all for me. Except maybe 5.56/.223 I would want lots of that as it would be used for SD/HD and hunting for food if something terrible really happened. Which is reflected in my above post. I see more of a SD/HD situation happening before a "I need to hunt for food" situation, but who knows.

IMO 10k rounds of anything is a little obscene, but what do I know. Even 5k rounds may be a little much, but like I said. They aren't all for me.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Common ammo like .223, 9MM and maybe 7.62x39 would be good to keep for trade purposes.

I have 800 rounds of 9MM, 400-500 rounds of 7.62x25, 550 .22LR and ~50 8MM Mauser. I have a box-here, box-there of other calibers. Not enough to mention.

Also stocking up on food.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be more clear, I stockpile to shoot----I just enjoy reloading and shooting; so even if NOTHING ever happens, I'll have enough to shoot and hopefully I'll avoid any large price hikes on components!

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Just curious.

A medium of exchange.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 9 rounds of 9mm. With that, I should be able to get enough later. heehee.

Something that many people seem to forget with these various scenarios is loading their mags.

For the record, my ammo is for shooting. I don't get alot of range time, so when I do get to go, I don't want to waste time loading mags. I want to waste time shooting. So, I buy mags. As many as I can. It is easier to sit at home and load up while watching a good movie, than to sit in 110 degree heat with sweat dripping off my nose, complaining about how freaking hot it is while mashing mag springs over and over.

Had a discussion with a friend who it familiar with my shooting habits and likes/dislikes about magazines. He was surprised that I had grease gun mags. He looked at me and said, what do you have that uses GG mags. After telling him, I also mentioned that magazines are a good barter good also. During the last AWB, look at what happened. Glock mags were 75 bucks each and many paid the price willingly. Betas were 800. Would be nice if GGs were still 10-15 and stens were 2-3 bux, but...

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom