How much coffee do you drink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Three to four cups for normal morning. Before retirement, there was fresh pot all day long, so I usually had a cup on my desk all day also. Probably not a good habit.....
I supposed it's better than meth or booze. That's what my old man always said.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1-2 cups first thing in the morning is all I ever want. Gets a certain biological function going. Can do without it, if in a big hurry. Do go to the trouble to grind whole beans down, ever since I found out about burr coffee grinders. Got a long tutorial on how and why it makes a superior cup of coffee from a fellow classmate at a CQB course I took at USSA 10-15 years ago. Waiting our turn on a hot summer afternoon to do the “armed bystander in the convenience store robbery drill”. I leaned out too far from cover, got gut shot with simunition paint pellet.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can confidently say I have had maybe 2-3 drinks of coffee in my entire life. The stuff is disgusting. The smell of it literally upsets my stomach, which sucked for me growing up because I was the only one in my family that didn't drink coffee.

Now, if we were talking Coke Zero, then I'd probably out pace most of you coffee drinkers by noon. :-)

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to do a pot and a half a day
Then it was split a pot w wife(I took about 2/3)
Then it was a little less than a pot.
now I do about 10oz of French pressed coffee
Ill probably get a keurig if I see one on sale.
I’m glad To be addicted to one less thing

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on when I wake up. I don't drink after noon. Normally, close to a full pot.

We had a coffee bar, think Starpuke with GOOD coffee. Not all coffee is the same and having really good coffee will ruin you.

One morning, guy comes in and orders coffee. When I got his coffee, he has his sales kit spread out on the counter.
He picks up the cup and takes drink.
Starts putting his stuff up, "DAMN, that is good coffee, you aren't going to buy from me."

We were in Dallas for buyer's market. Had stopped at Denny's. I had a ziplock bag of your coffee grounds. Asked the waitress if should make me a pot of coffee.
She gets the manager. I explained that it was the coffee I was used to. Charge me for a coffee order, make a fresh pot using my grounds, put it in a carafe and being it to me.
He makes the the pot and watches it. Pours a cup and then fills carafe. Takes a drink. Comes to the table, " that is GOOD coffee. I will have troubles drinking that mud we serve, now."

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to drink a lot of coffee.

Then one day, it was magic, I had an absolutely magical wonderful fantastic cup of coffee. It blew me away.

Long story made short, I found out how that coffee was made. They used a Technivorm MoccaMaster coffee maker, hand made in the Netherlands, not a throw away, will pass down to kids and grand kids.

Freshly ground coffee grinds, good water, and the Technivorm did it's magic.

Nowadays, I use my electric Baratza coffee grinder, good water, and the Technivorm and enjoy the heck out of one cup.

That's all I need now, just one cup of absolutely perfect coffee.

No more crappy truck stop type coffee, no junk coffee, no more medicore coffee. Just one mighty fine cup of coffee and I'm satisfied.

Moral of this story: If you are ever served an excellent cup of coffee, you're ruined, You'll never want to drink regular coffee again.
I can appreciate a machine or other techniques/equipment that makes a really good cup of coffee so I get what you're saying.

But I can also appreciate sitting around a fire with some friends and a pot of cowboy coffee keeping warm on a rock near the fire. For me, a great cup of coffee isn't just the liquid. Sometimes the atmosphere and company makes a fair cup of coffee the best cup ever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom