How much coffee do you drink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way less than I did at one time, but probably still too much.

I've just started cutting back in the last couple of weeks. I'm effectively retired as of last Thursday. I'll be on vacation until the 31st, then I'll turn in my car. Computer & phone get turned in on the 4th. I'll be on the payroll until March 14th, but only 4th-21st of Jan are days that I'll have to be accountable, and I will be expected to ride with my replacement, and I doubt they've got one hired by then.

I told you that so I could tell you this, it was at least a 12 cup pot every single day for the last 30+ years, and lots of days much more. Winter was coffee all day, every day. I've been waking up without an alarm clock between 4-4:30 every day for all that time. I'm down to between 4-6 cups a day, and I slept until almost 7:30 this morning. I doubt I'll ever get below that, because the coffee I drink needs to be made in 4-6 cup pots to have the same flavor.

I don't know that all that coffee over the years has done any "real" damage, but you have to believe it wasn't very helpful. If only we had a chance to go back and do some things over.

I relish a good cup of coffee, but I wish I would have drank less, and I wish I wouldn't have started at 14-15 years old.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the donut shop this morning. Got two large coffees. They aren’t large. Look like medium to me. The lady asks me if they’re both for me. I said yes, sometimes I drink two. She was shocked and said “oh wow. That’s a lot! Really? All for you?!” Doesn’t seem excessive to me. Maybe it’s a cultural difference.
I've been known to drink a 10 cup pot by myself . . . :coffee2:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember when I bought this but it was years ago, it's the old metal can. Unopened.
IMG_20211213_115056120.jpg
IMG_20211213_115111800.jpg
IMG_20211213_115111800.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom