How to price a tractor for a quick sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1big44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know there are online places that you can get values for things like KBB and NADA for cars but things are so skewed right now. I have a Kubota MX5200 with several implements that I want to sell for a fair deal. Any ideas how to price it? What would you ask for a package deal?
Wow. I was going to ask $27k but thought that might be a tad high.
In the circles I run in that’s $20k +/- $2k tractor. Depending on condition. It’s middle of MX line. That is very low hours. I’m assuming 3rd function since I see the grapple. I would price it at top of range. Implements are tough to value. For a guy that needs all those and wants to finance whole package probably your best bet. Used implements lose value quickly.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What year is it? What transmission?
Those will make a difference.
Even though I am the original owner I dug up the papers and seems I didn't even know what I had.

2011 or 2012 Kubota MX5100HST 4x4
LA844 Front End Loader
6' box blade
Woods BB720 brush hog
Lucas Metalworks Grapple
Countyline Rake

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ranges obviously vary. I’d stick with your original thought of $27K. If it sells quick you’re done, and both parties happy. If too high, you’ll have counter offers to consider, and can lower if needed. Or ask $28-30K and see if you get any response.. if paid for, I’d go as low as I could, and sell fast. Cash in hand 🤷‍♂️

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. I was going to ask $27k but thought that might be a tad high.
Heck, I'd give you $27 for it, but I think you could get a lot more for it.
The Kubota salesman just texted me back and said mid $20k’s, so it sounds like the asking price is fair and already have a buyer. Congrats to both of you. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom