How well I clean my firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How well do you clean your firearm

• Total voters

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smokeless powder guns get cleaned every once in a while. I try to clean my blackpowder guns either at the range or as soon as I get home. Doesn't always work that way, but usually. One January I found a Walker that hadn't been cleaned since early October. "Sigh," I told myself, "There goes a good gun." I was pleasantly surprised that there was no corrosion or rust.
Contrary to popular belief, blackpowder is not nearly the bad guy most folks think it is. You just have to set your guns up for it before shooting.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh, drat! I just lost my system and now I can't remember wheather I just cleaned them or need to clean them.
Well, Here I go . They'll be clean this time tomorrow. Log book was a good idea but I couldn't remember where I put the log book.
Found it a week later under the mail I had brought in that day. Thank goodness the wife does the bills. Now if I can just find
that patch I laid down.Walked home from the store today and when I went inside the wife asked where the truck was? It's home now.
Sittin in the driveway.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually take them to the car wash...dont use the wax..its too sticky. ;)
You should see theyre faces when i spread 3 or 4 guns out to be washed..
Works Great on the MN.
Take them home and a little air from the compressor...shot of oil....Good to Go..

Latest posts

Top Bottom