Hummingbird - 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweetie used to put one up every year. I hung it on a stiff wire low enough so she could reach it (she's not very tall) right outside the back patio doors.

We could stand rock-still right up against the door and they would completely ignore us. This not-so-quality pic was taken with an old 110 camera and scanned on a flatbed scanner years ago. :drunk2:

Attachments

• hummingbirds-1.jpg
    hummingbirds-1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 170

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweetie used to put one up every year. I hung it on a stiff wire low enough so she could reach it (she's not very tall) right outside the back patio doors.

We could stand rock-still right up against the door and they would completely ignore us. This not-so-quality pic was taken with an old 110 camera and scanned on a flatbed scanner years ago. :drunk2:

Good stop action for a 110. Was that one of Kodak's Instamatics? I took one of those on our senior trip, way back in 1964, to take pictures in Washington, D.C. I'd learned that if one took the base from one of the flashcubes off after it was used up, one could carry the base in their pocket and slip it on for night shots. Inserting the base (or a flashcube) caused the camera's shutter speed to drop to 1/60th of a second for night shots.

Our class sponsor had a nice 35mm camera and light meter and took pictures that way. After the trip, we all took our photos to school and laid them out on the study hall tables. The sponsor was very impressed with my pictures. He said they were better than what his camera did.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good stop action for a 110. Was that one of Kodak's Instamatics?
Actually, it was just a cheap knock-off with an incredibly sharp focus. My sister had a Kodak 110, and the pics weren't nearly as good.

The strobe flash on it finally died, and I broke the case trying to get it apart (it was a cheap snap-together assembly). Never found another 110 that worked as well, nor knew anyone that did.

Probably just a fluke. :anyone:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw one at the feeder last night. I thought I’d heard the familiar buzz a few days before but never caught sight of ‘em.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what are the benefits of hummingbirds? Simple enjoyment of seeing them? Do they improve your life by eating bugs? Are you catching them and making a stew? Enlighten me please.

Latest posts

Top Bottom