Hummingbird - 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DSC_1584.JPG DSC_1265 (2).jpg DSC_1339 (2).jpg DSC_2182.JPG maybe this will explain it

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what are the benefits of hummingbirds? Simple enjoyment of seeing them? Do they improve your life by eating bugs? Are you catching them and making a stew? Enlighten me please.

Hummingbirds love to feast on soft-bodied insects like aphids, gnats, mosquitos, caterpillars, and they also eat insect eggs. They also can pollinate plants and flowers that other birds cannot reach.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So what are the benefits of hummingbirds? Simple enjoyment of seeing them? Do they improve your life by eating bugs? Are you catching them and making a stew? Enlighten me please.
Besides the above mentioned things, I’m just a bird nerd.

ron341

Marksman
Reaction score
Our front porch camera kept going off yesterday, we could not see what was setting it off. Very early this morning it finally caught our first one of the year here in Broken Arrow. The feeders are officially out for the season.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Have you ever just sat on your back porch, sipping a cold beer after a busy day at work, and watched them settle in to feed?

If you have, you might get it. If you have and you don't get it, when then there is no enlightening you LOL...

Last edited:

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
My MIL had feeders and had them all around her place in Osage county. My wife took them after she passed but hasnt ever put them out. lf they will eat bugs I will help her set them up.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My MIL had feeders and had them all around her place in Osage county. My wife took them after she passed but hasnt ever put them out. lf they will eat bugs I will help her set them up.

Just don't mess with any of that food coloring...simple sugar and water mix. Lot's of opinions surrounding it but I do well with 3 to 1 water/sugar ratio early when it's still cool, and 4 to 1 when the temps get high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom