I’m gettingb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep getting called "Sir"... which is kind of like being called old man. I usually tell them if they knew most of my friends, they'd understand why I get real nervous when people are being nice to me. :rollingla

Don't let that bother you. I call a lot of folks younger than me "Sir." To me, it is just a word of respect.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a hard time getting used to things like people opening doors for me.
I've never understood why people have a problem with that. I was raised to believe that opening (or holding open) a door for someone, regardless of age, sex, or anything else, was just common courtesy, so that's how I take it when someone else does it for me.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep getting called "Sir"... which is kind of like being called old man. I usually tell them if they knew most of my friends, they'd understand why I get real nervous when people are being nice to me.
I have to say....your profile pic cracks me up. I sometimes forget to read your post because I'm busy looking at your pic. Is that one of your kids? grandkids?

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeap! My Grandson is 2.5 yrs old and calls me Pawpaw, I love it. I’m retired from my first job and teach at our local school here, some of the questions or comments these kids say to me sometimes just leaves me shaking my head!!! I swear some of them think I road the mayflower over! I’m retired from the Army and I had one the other day asking me if I’d been in WWI, hell I’m only 57, had to have a talk about common sense with him or lack of!!!🤣

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to say....your profile pic cracks me up. I sometimes forget to read your post because I'm busy looking at your pic. Is that one of your kids? grandkids?
No, it's just a pic I found on the interwebz somewhere. It is pretty funny, though....

It kind of reminds me of my brother though, it's the sort of facial expression he might make.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, right. Wait til you have a pretty young sweet woman give you a big smile.

Then you realize she's not doing that as a come on.

It's because she is reminded of her grandpa.
Then you realize further that pretty young things haven't smiled at you as a come on since you turned 35.......And you've just been overcome with DOMS for the past 20 - 30 years (Dirty Old Man Syndrome) :lmfao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom