I’m noticing a lot of people getting rid of pistol braces before December.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think those of you in Oklahoma will have anything to worry about. I definitely wouldn’t start throwing away my braces. Give it time. I bet Oklahoma will probably refuse to let the ATF enforce that law even if it does pass legal action. Unlike here in Illinois. I might have to destroy my rifle if they ban pistol braces since this is a non-nfa state.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think those of you in Oklahoma will have anything to worry about. I definitely wouldn’t start throwing away my braces. Give it time. I bet Oklahoma will probably refuse to let the ATF enforce that law even if it does pass legal action. Unlike here in Illinois. I might have to destroy my rifle if they ban pistol braces since this is a non-nfa state.
Oklahoma has the ability to do that? Tell me more....

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know the legalese of it, but heard it on the news that it could happen in some states. Which of course to me means red states. I would think it would be no different than pot laws. It’s banned by the feds, but plenty of states don’t care.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just put a rifle barrel & stock on it. and ship me the pistol barrel HE HE. Not laughing about ur bad luck.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet Oklahoma will probably refuse to let the ATF enforce that law even if it does pass legal action.
I wish that was the case, but not the way I see it shaking out unfortunately. I see us having a bullseye, since really, what downside would the fed see targeting us? Not going to get our electoral votes if they do? Not getting them anyway. And they can use it for media fodder in the blues.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's something to ponder:

How many novice or ignorant gun owners bought 14.5" barrels that were on sale during black friday and slapped on a 1" thread-on muzzle device and called it good? (no solder or pin+weld). They take it to the range and shoot targets, plink away at bowling pins, etc.

Then they take it home, clean it, oil it, and store it in the safe until the next time they go to the range.

Rinse and repeat for as long as they can get ammo to keep shooting and having fun. They don't rob banks with it, they don't use it for self defense; it's basically is a range toy for its entire existence.

Did they commit a crime? Technically yes, but who was hurt?

That would be the same crime committed by 99% of brace pistol owners who kept their braces on their pistol builds.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom