"I Am Adam Lanza's Mother"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The kid in that story is clearly on a path to a tragedy at some point in the future.

The medications that are currently used don't seem to be effective for many.

I'm just hoping that enough medical research can provide better solutions soon.

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand mental illness exists. However, I think in some cases poor parenting might be the case. Again, not trying to be totally insensitive, just presenting another perspective.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some friends with a son like this. He has Asperger's Syndrome. The situation seems completely hopeless. I understand why so many parents of these kids may feel like giving up. Meds help but only temporarily. Eventually they have to start experimenting with new meds until they find a cocktail that evens him out. I think his issues were the cause of his parents' eventual divorce.

I don't remember kids being like this when I was young but maybe I was just unaware. Our kids seem to be more medicated than any time in our history. I don't know if it's physiological, psychological or environmental. Maybe it's a combination but it's a serious issue for sure.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not saying that this woman is wrong, but I wonder why she is a single mother of four. Two thirds of our prison populations are people that have been raised in single parent homes. I have no idea why she is single, but children need two parents and she needs help with her son. A husband would be a big help. I know this post is about mental illness and I am sorry for trying to change this thread.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our last kid at home just turned 16 last month and while he's not exactly a baby at 6'1" x 200lbs he's still his momma's boy and just a kid. We had a talk today with him at lunch about some things and one topic was about if there was anyone he knew in his circle or at school etc that was a little 'off' or 'out there', and alarmingly to his mother he said o ya he knew some kids at his school who were more than a little disturbed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom