I am needing to replace the barrel on my Rifle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck...you might be better off financially selling it for the action and buying a new one if you're looking for a basic skinny model 700.

Contrary to popular belief you don't need a high dollar Hart barrel. ER Shaw will do the job for most of us!

How much can you get an ER Shaw installed for? I can't see it being cheaper than $300 (parts/labor).

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve does parts and labor on a hart for 300? That's a good deal.

The price on their blanks alone from the website is over $300.

The cheapest you can get them is $260 and that is if you order 20+.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve does parts and labor on a hart for 300? That's a good deal.

The price on their blanks alone from the website is over $300.

The cheapest you can get them is $260 and that is if you order 20+.

The way Steve explained it to me is that he is on Hart's preferred customer list or something like that due to the number of barrels he buys from them.

That's how much I paid for my son's Hart (although, to be fair, he was doing a crapload of other stuff to the rifle).

I was originally going to have him chop/thread the factory SPS Varmint barrel and he convinced me to go with the Hart - I want to say it was $300 (it may have been $320 though - it wasn't much more than $300 if it was any more at all).

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a .308 skinny barrel (and ADL stock w/internal mag and trigger guard, and an SPS Varmint stock - its krylon'd OD Green).

You can have it all if that's what caliber you've got.

747yankee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again guys thanks for all the info.

The current calliber is .270 win, but i have heard that it can be rebarreled to a semilar caliber as long as it is a long action caliber.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long action cartridge would be best, but the only limit is the bolt face. IIRC, the M24 sniper rifle for the army is chambered in 308 (among other cals) and they are all long action. You could rechamber in any caliber that used a 0.473" bolt face.

Latest posts

Top Bottom