I avoided it for a decade, but no longer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get called to OK County about every 2 years! First time I was on a messy 3 week trial (child molester). 2nd time was 1 1/2 day civil trial. Since I've become an FFL, they don't seem to want me any more...

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard they often ask some form of the question "Would you take the word of a law enforcement agent over that of a stranger?" Apparently a yes answer to that question will get you booted too. My mom has been called more than once and that was the one that DQ'd her.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had to serve a couple of times. First time was a stolen property case. Had to be the jury foreman on that one, and the second was a DUI case. Not bad duty, but the company I worked for made up the pay difference. Definately a lot of sitting around.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been twice. One was an assault & battery case and I ended up as jury foreman.

The second was the state trying to take this old lady's property for highway improvements. They wanted her property and she didn't want to give it up. I told them that I was already on her side and they "excused" me from the trial.

OkieGentleman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tell them you believe in public executions and see how fast you get sent home. My manager years ago got jury duty someone (#1) sold someone (#2) a haunted house and # 2 wanted their money back, something about a murder taking place in the house in question.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a summons a few years ago, and was pissed about it - didn't want to do it, don't get paid for it, etc. After showing up and finding out that it was a firearms-related trial, I was pissed because I didn't get picked! Looked pretty interesting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom