I HATE buzzards!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a crow hit the headlight and a pheasant hit the grill. Both pretty costly to repair.
Glad to hear truckdrivers experience only resulted in a smashed windshield and you got the rig shut down safely. Had to be a spooky moment.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a meadowlark hit the driver side mirror, windows down. Blood, guts and feathers all over in the cab. That fat bird hit the back window, regular cab, inside.
Dont know how he missed me. What a mess.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going west on HWY-152 a few years ago on my bike. Just out of Binger a ways there were a couple in the middle of the road eating roadkill. One flew quickly, the other was more stubborn. That bastid didn't go until the last possible second and damn near took out my fairing. He missed by mere inches and I was puckered up something fierce! His wingspan looked to be about 8 feet. It wasn't but damn that was a big ugly ass bird.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once hit a skunk in an ambulance, on the way to the hospital, with a patient in the back. We all threw up on the way. Had to let the ambulance sit out of service for a couple weeks.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife had a dang Turkey fly right into the front grill of her Honda Element a couple of years back. She was going about 65-70 MPH when he hit her vehicle just about center. You could see the indentation of his beak on the top of the hood. The force of the impact skewed the hood all up. It bent the crap out of much of the front end. Insurance company totaled the vehicle. Dang turkeys are just about the dumbest bird there is.

D.M.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hit a cow last year, cow died. I was at the airport (GMJ) when a guy flew out and came right back, he hit a buzzard. When GRDA bought there first helicopter it hit a buzzard with its rotor blade, and if you knew where to look you could see the outline of its head in the blade.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife had a dang Turkey fly right into the front grill of her Honda Element a couple of years back. She was going about 65-70 MPH when he hit her vehicle just about center. You could see the indentation of his beak on the top of the hood. The force of the impact skewed the hood all up. It bent the crap out of much of the front end. Insurance company totaled the vehicle. Dang turkeys are just about the dumbest bird there is.

Benjamin Franklin wanted to make turkey as the national bird vs the Eagle.
Thank goodness the eagle won.

Latest posts

Top Bottom