I have this...problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scott?!?!!?!? IS THAT YOU?!?!?!?!? How did you get Evan's login??!?!?!

I can tell you what the problem is -- when you are in a patrol car the Red Sea parts for you. Everyone is on their best behavior.

When you are in a personal vehicle ... Well ... Welcome to what the rest of us poor souls refer to as "traffic". Welcome to the real world. 😉

I love ya!! 😘😘

Yeah, you're probably right. Oh well...them's the breaks. Loves ya back Patticakes! :bighug:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I can say, @Glock 'em down, is to maybe become a professional driver. I've been that in the past and still do it as a Summer job, and I can honestly say that I still cuss out an occasional driver. And the phrase, "Nice blinkers, b*tth*le" is a common one said by me.

All that said, last year I was grateful for Texas' paved shoulders on a couple of occasions. Once was with an 18-wheeler bearing down on my rear, straddling the center line, and with a vehicle coming towards us from the other direction. I took the shoulder to avoid him crashing into the back of our work van.

Second last year was when 2 lanes were merging down to 1 and I was watching some idiot passing another vehicle at that point and also barreling down on me at a good rate of speed. Again, I took the shoulder to avoid an accident.

I swear that I have to believe as my wife does, that one's cell phone ought to be totally disabled while one is sitting in the driver's seat of a vehicle. While the rack on the back of our work vans would do considerable damage to a nutjob's vehicle if they hit us, the accident would require us to drive back to the office and get everything in the way of sensor equipment on the rack back to working order. I'd rather take the paved shoulder than have to do that.

T-Dog

DPT 3c 89-93 - Desert Storm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are definitely not alone. I lived on the east coast for awhile and I had to stop driving because I was so pissed off by the time I got to work that it would ruin my whole day. Thats when I learned to take public transportation (and yes, it was a learning experience), made a HUGE difference in my mental state, except when you get the crazies on the bus/subway. I know most of them have mental issues, but knowing didn't help when you are stuck on a train car with them. Many times I would get off at the next stop before I went off on them. Now I work 100% remote and I will never go back to commuting to an office.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may be more like a condition, or even a disorder. Regardless, I really do think I may need professional help.

For those that know me, I am the epitome of a gentle giant. I'm 6'3", weigh in around four bills, love my wife, love my daughters, love my grandsons, basically everyone. I'm a born again God fearing Christian, washed in the blood, raised as a southern Baptist. I try to have a calm demeanor and I'm very open minded as well as forgiving.

However... :lookaroun

All that bullsh!t goes down the drain whenever I climb behind the wheel of a car. Somehow, this dark, evil, demonic sonovabitch rears his ugly head and I scream and curse and yell at people who don't know the rules of the road, no more than they know their head from a hole in the ground. I don't know if most people just have their head up their ass, or if they genuinely do not know the rules of the road.

And I'm talking just simple stuff...sitting a red a red light with their right turn signal on, waiting for a green light...not passing the school bus on a 4 lane road after the bus's red lights and stop sign is turned off...sitting at a 4-way stop when they are clearly the one on the right, and next to go, but they sit there and stare at you. And don't EVEN get me started on the whole texting at the stop light, or worse, while driving thang. Hell, I saw a guy reading a book while driving one time! What the hell? :ugh2:

Anyways...am I the only one that screams and yells at people like a :censored: ING banshee on the road? I haven't chased anybody down and threatened bodily harm (yet) so maybe I'm not too far gone. But yeah, I could probably use some time on the couch. :screwy:

Thank you for allowing me to rant. :scream:
I have the cure...LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND YOU WON'T GET MAD ANYMORE...you seek normalcy and decency in a world that no longer is like that. If you do what I say, you will go from mad to pleasantly surprised when you come across another decent person/driver. The rest will just be "as expected" and a small utter under your breath will suffice. Besides, as CCW guy, you know you gotta go out of the way to avoid any trouble.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not drive much anymore but when I do, I sometimes wish for this.

Death Race.jpg

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may be more like a condition, or even a disorder. Regardless, I really do think I may need professional help.

For those that know me, I am the epitome of a gentle giant. I'm 6'3", weigh in around four bills, love my wife, love my daughters, love my grandsons, basically everyone. I'm a born again God fearing Christian, washed in the blood, raised as a southern Baptist. I try to have a calm demeanor and I'm very open minded as well as forgiving.

However... :lookaroun

All that bullsh!t goes down the drain whenever I climb behind the wheel of a car. Somehow, this dark, evil, demonic sonovabitch rears his ugly head and I scream and curse and yell at people who don't know the rules of the road, no more than they know their head from a hole in the ground. I don't know if most people just have their head up their ass, or if they genuinely do not know the rules of the road.

And I'm talking just simple stuff...sitting a red a red light with their right turn signal on, waiting for a green light...not passing the school bus on a 4 lane road after the bus's red lights and stop sign is turned off...sitting at a 4-way stop when they are clearly the one on the right, and next to go, but they sit there and stare at you. And don't EVEN get me started on the whole texting at the stop light, or worse, while driving thang. Hell, I saw a guy reading a book while driving one time! What the hell? :ugh2:

Anyways...am I the only one that screams and yells at people like a :censored: ING banshee on the road? I haven't chased anybody down and threatened bodily harm (yet) so maybe I'm not too far gone. But yeah, I could probably use some time on the couch. :screwy:

Thank you for allowing me to rant. :scream:
Well, I'm a good bit shorter (5'-8") and weigh in a good bit less than you (now, thanks to my surgery) but otherwise you really did a good job of describing me.

Ever since I became a 100% remote worker, my driving time has been drastically reduced. Probably 95% of the time that I leave my house these days, my wife is driving. That 5% that I actually get behind the wheel, I swear my blood pressure spikes 50 points before I even get out of the neighborhood. I have to say, I kind of pride myself on the vulgar combination of names that I come up with to call people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom