I need extra money!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOSfed98z

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello.
I have not been on this forum for very long but I was hoping that y'all might be able to help me.

We just found out a little bit ago that my wife is pregnant. I know it's probably early but we have figured out that it will be cheaper for us if she stops working and stays home.

The problem that I have is if she is not working then we don't have her check coming in. I was thinking about getting a part time job at walmart or someplace similar, but if I do that I will have to be at that place working. What I am worrying about is that if I get a extra job somewhere I won't be able to spend time with her and the baby when it gets here.

I was hopeing that someone on here might be able to help me figure out a job that I could either do online or bring it home and work from the house.

Any help or ideas that y'all might have would be greatly appriciated. I have been racking my brain and can't come up with anything.

I have only been a member for a couple of months, but I think the people and site are great.

Thanks for any help or ideas in advance
Charlie

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is you work back ground?
What are your skills?
What do you enjoy doing?
What hours and when can you work?

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad was pulling a calf in the pasture while I was being born. You gotta do what you have to. I wouldn't get a partime job though. Do yard work, trim trees, haul off trash, clean flowerbeds, washing windows, cut and sell firewood, be a painter. I've done all this work before and it pays very good, average is $20-$30 an hour. I've covered roof vents as extra work, ladder, plastic bags and duct tape and your ready to go. You get to set your own schedule and usually are paid in cash.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could always go and stand in the parking lot of your local truck stop...

:hellno:

I work at Fort Thunder Harley Davidson in Moore, and we are hiring right now for motorcycle sales, experience is a plus but not required

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've covered roof vents as extra work, ladder, plastic bags and duct tape and your ready to go.

To highjack this thread for 1 minute: You realize covering roof vents is a really bad idea? It traps all the moisture from your house in your attic, wetting down your insulation and making it ineffective.

now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For a homebased idea: research trendy clothes & whatnot. Then scour thrift stores, garage sales, & goodwills; sell the suff you find on ebay & craigslist.

I know a few people that do it for extra income, they say that they average about $1k/month.

For outside home: I recommend Lowes or HD for part-time. They are most likely going to be the highest paying retailer or part-time job out there. The trick to getting more hourly pay is to sell yourself hard at those places because they pay based on experience you have in their respective departments. I worked part-time for Lowes 10 years ago and negotiated $10/hour to start,in the hardware deparment.

Money right now: Chop wood, put up Christmas lights, clean up yards & haul trash, etc. Right now alot of people will pay cash to do outside home chores.

Hope this helps or at least gives you an Idea. :anyone:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no ideas. i have been looking for work for 2 years....anything. havent found anything at all. job market sucks.

Not to hijack the thread, and not to be antagonistic, but I hear this same thing from the politicians arguing the extension of jobless benefits, for some reason I can't get my head wrapped around not finding a job that produces some income in 2 years. Is this due to the fact that your area has absolutely no jobs at all, or are you over qualified? I would personally take just about anything, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Auto Zone, versus not working at all. But since I haven't been in those shoes I really don't know. Again I am not being mean or derogatory, I'm just trying to understand not working for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom