I need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who the hell runs a 300wm in a match that would require a DBM?

Don't have a clue. I'm sure the distances he'll shoot could be accomplished with a 308. But apparently he's taken poor advice for his first LR rifle so he might as well run it in a match if he wanted to. At least there he would get better advice and stop worrying about being tacticool with a 300wm when a 6/6.5mm will do just as well and take less time to master. But what the heck do I know.

Who doesn't run a dbm in a match?

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't have a clue. I'm sure the distances he'll shoot could be accomplished with a 308. But apparently he's taken poor advice for his first LR rifle so he might as well run it in a match if he wanted to. At least there he would get better advice and stop worrying about being tacticool with a 300wm when a 6/6.5mm will do just as well and take less time to master. But what the heck do I know.

You don't know anything lol.

Sent from no where

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Why I'm getting it (it's not my first bolt action rifle actually, and I've shot many other bolt gun and other rifles of heavy caliber) is because it's an extremely good round and it's a really COMMON round, like up there with .223, .308, and .30-06.
That's why it's a SHTF bolt gun.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to use your words against you.
Oh, I'm still just learning about the role of a "sniper rifle" so I can choose correctly.

Yes you have had bolt actions but you have said this will be your first dedicated long range rifle. Simple question why did you pick that round over .308? If the .308 will accomplish what you need I would say that the no brainer choice as .308 is very popular and you can shoot 7.62x51 in them so now you have two pools of ammo to draw from.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to use your words against you.

Yes you have had bolt actions but you have said this will be your first dedicated long range rifle. Simple question why did you pick that round over .308? If the .308 will accomplish what you need I would say that the no brainer choice as .308 is very popular and you can shoot 7.62x51 in them so now you have two pools of ammo to draw from.
That may be true and I do understand what you're saying and I do agree but I just prefer the 300 Win Mag, plus I can reach out farther with that than the .308.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom