I need to go on a cruise!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullittstang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will make the suggestion to NOT go with Carnival. My girlfriend and I have been on a few cruises with them and everytime have had sub par experiences. The last one being the worse. Do yourself the favor and spend the little extra to go with a better cruise line. Carnival may be the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Also most cruise lines if you call and speak with them, they have agents that will assist you in booking every aspect of your trip. Hope this helps you.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lotta family and friends who have worked on all the cruise lines... it really all depends on what you're looking for. If you're young and want to party the night away, Carnival is definitely going to help you do that. If you're married with kids and want your kids to be safe, taken care of and occupied while you relax or go shop at the ports, then Disney is very good at catering to this demographic. If you're a bit older and more settled and don't need to worry about small kids, Royal Caribbean is the laid-back line with fabulous food and service.

I got married on an RC ship... of course, a double native-Caribbean wedding meant we got "Royal" treatment, for sure, but it was still one of the best vacations we've been on. Hassle-free (once we got on the boat), free fabulous food, good shows, free room-service, free drinks (this was just a perk for us, not everyone)... it was awesomeness personified.

You can't beat a good cruise for overall value, IMNSHO.

teamacacia

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any good travel agents or websites?

My wife and I use a guy in Edmond, OK his name is Victor and the travel agency is Prime Tours of America. He was recommended by a doc my wife works with and has set up our past two big vacations to Europe (Italy and Switzerland/Italy). He is very nice, easy to work with, and set us up with some amazing hotels and private guides. In regards to cruises, you might check out Crystal Cruises. We haven't used them but they are supposed to be top notch.

IreneKennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any good travel agents or websites?

Over the years we have booked cruises with travel agents, American Airlines Travel, American Automobile Association (AAA), and direct with cruise lines. Years ago seems like a travel agent would get us perts but not so any more. Now, we shop around on the internet for the best deals to go with the itineraries, length of cruise, and departure port we like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom