Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the folks I contacted wanted my SSN to give me a quote.
That went nowhere.

Farm Bureau wanted it. Said NO.

I try not to give it out, just about everyone wants it. Insurance, dr's, hospitals,etc. I was told the larger companies can use your birthdate. Too easy.

At SSM lab worker wanted it for lab tests, I said no, it is in your computer already. Same bldg. He's too lazy to look.

I shopped around and was told to wait till roof was replaced. It is 11 years old. Anything over 10 is reason to screw ya.😂 I said why call them 30 yr shingles?

Insurance companies are thieves, like big pharma.

Call Harryman Insurance in Newcastle, ask for Crystal

Last edited:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
1708149705599.png

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Insurance is gambling. I'm surprised by the number of Jesus followers that pay the price. Gambling is a sin, right?
Nice try to rile people. Actually gambling is loosely endorsed in the Bible. How did they get the 13th disciple after Judas died?

I will save you the effort of blowing dust off you Bible. It was by drawing straws.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean, that's a good thing. Right?

Well you're under the delusion that insurance companies don't pay casualty/liability claims. I'll just say that our court system is a majority of the problem.

I can give you examples all day long but I'll give you just a few off the top of my head....

Startup trucking company, been around for a year, bunch of 20-30 year old guys that got together and wanted to work for themselves. Did everything right. Somehow, one of their tractors, clipped or basically brushed up against a small truck on the highway in Texas. The tractor did not know anything happened and the damage to the vehicle amounted to 3-4K. Neither vehicle stopped, but it was caught on a dash cam of another vehicle. Either way, the HP was called out and did a report and the occupants of the vehicle claimed no injury. Well, a few weeks later they all of the sudden had soft tissue injuries and to make a long story short, Progressive ended up paying out 125K to one occupant, and 75K to the other. No hospital time, no rehabilitation, no therapy etc. Now the trucking company will likely be dissolved as they were hit with a $35,000 per truck renewal quote from Progressive.

Large Oklahoma company had one of its vehicles entering 169 @71st here in Tulsa. Vehicle entered on the inside lane while another vehicle in the middle lane decided to change lanes towards the inside lane. Middle lane vehicle lost control and while they never made contact, flipped the vehicle. The vehicle had a special needs child inside. Middle lane vehicle driver that lost control and almost killed her kid waited nearly 2 years and sued the company, and ended up with 900k. Inside lane vehicle never knew anything happened.

Last one, Passenger vehicle comes to a stop at the bottom a hill, waiting to turn left. This is approximately 10 O clock at night. Motorcycle comes at an extremely high rate of speed over the hill and collides with the back of the car. Rider is sent flying.......the "body" flies through the air directly under an oncoming vehicles front end. Do you know who the family of rider sued? The individual that basically had a body fly into/underneath their car.

I could go on and on.

Let's get back to roofs though. Oklahoma weather is tough on property, we get some of the worst weather in the US. From one extreme to another, and it could be within 24 hrs. For some reason, people expect insurance companies to warranty a roof and that's not how it works. Insurance doesn't cover your tires or brakes, why should they cover your roof unless the wind or hail causes the damage? Or obviously, any other peril/cause named in the policy. If there's damage, great.... submit a claim. Otherwise, I've seen all sorts of scams and fraud.....I have those stories for days too.... and people wonder why insurance is so expensive.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Insurance is also not the same as gambling. With an insurance policy you get something in exchange for your $$$. Gambling is just pure risk.
I've always likened insurance to paying a bet that you won't need to file a claim. It's not like most people pay the premium and then go try to get into an accident.

Latest posts

Top Bottom