I-Pad Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I have a crap laptop and am wanting to upgrade to an iPad. I have a few questions for you gurus.

Can I print from an iPad? My wife coupons and needs to print them online to our lazer printer. How and what do I need to print from an iPad. Would it be easier to buy a new printer with wifi?

How do I use and update using I-tunes? Do I still have to use a computer to update and sync our phones? My wife and I also have iPhones and have music etc we share from iTunes, how would that work? Just wandering if we would have to keep or get a new laptop also.

Thanks Guys for any help

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why limit yourself with an Ipad? There are new laptops that do more for less money than the Ipad. My wife has an Ipad, and I think it was the biggest waste of money we shelled out in the last few years....She can't use it for schoolwork, you can't watch videos on YouTube, the "upgraded" keypad sucks, and all you can use for music IS iTunes. If the battery goes out, you can't replace it; you have to send it to Apple. You can't attach a USB or insert a DVD or CD. There is no option that I know of for external storage. Apple products suck. I am really surprised that the American populace bought into Steve Job's piece of **** idea like it has.....

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why limit yourself with an Ipad? There are new laptops that do more for less money than the Ipad. My wife has an Ipad, and I think it was the biggest waste of money we shelled out in the last few years....She can't use it for schoolwork, you can't watch videos on YouTube, the "upgraded" keypad sucks, and all you can use for music IS iTunes. If the battery goes out, you can't replace it; you have to send it to Apple. You can't attach a USB or insert a DVD or CD. There is no option that I know of for external storage. Apple products suck. I am really surprised that the American populace bought into Steve Job's piece of **** idea like it has.....

Agreed. Some manufacturers make tablets which can used as touchpads and laptops. You can use them to take notes and other similar functions but also use them as normal computers.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a iPad I use it all the time, but a ipad won't replace a computer. ipads are fun for playing games and browsing most of the internet, I can modify my website with it but writing code sucks.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ok...there's the predictable hater reply. Apple products do not suck. They are very stable and accomplish their functions, just as a PC will. You can watch YouTube videos on them btw, not sure what the issue there was. I use my ipad daily, both in my job and for personal stuff. the part about external storage (apart from the cloud) and the DVD this is true. You can print from them with a wireless printer if that's your thing. iTunes is not the devil, Steve Jobs is not the antichrist. Apple makes excellent products. ExtremistPullup's comment is spot on.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an Ipad2, an upgrade from a previous Ipad1 and its a fun internet and email tool, but it certainly cannot replace a computer. Even simple tasks like printing are difficult and need workarounds or special apps to accomplish. There is no access to the file system, unless you jailbreak it, so forget about even things like your My Documents folder.

I am no Apple, hater, I like my Ipad2, have several Iphones, etc, but they do NOT replace a real computer. As others have said, even a cheap Netbook is going to be more useful as a computer.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I have a crap laptop and am wanting to upgrade to an iPad. I have a few questions for you gurus.

Can I print from an iPad? My wife coupons and needs to print them online to our lazer printer. How and what do I need to print from an iPad. Would it be easier to buy a new printer with wifi?

How do I use and update using I-tunes? Do I still have to use a computer to update and sync our phones? My wife and I also have iPhones and have music etc we share from iTunes, how would that work? Just wandering if we would have to keep or get a new laptop also.

Thanks Guys for any help

If it were me, and it's not, I would use the money you're willing to spend to buy an ipad and laptop and just use it to buy a laptop instead. Again if it were me, I'd go with one of the entry level macbook airs or an entry level macbook pro and just skip the ipad.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HUH??
My wife uses hers for school work.. Word... excel... Prints to the wireless printer... No problems.... What videos can you NOT watch on youtube again? lol...... Her bluetooth wireless keyboard works great as well... Yea iTunes music is a pain... I will give ya that... But 15 minutes and a 5th grade understanding of computers will show you how to upload your CD's.. Batteries? I have an old school ipad here somewhere that STILL holds a charge.. Not to mention multiple iphones and other iCrap... Batteries are pretty damn good... Even so.. They can still be replaced.. It's just a little bit of a chore... Storage? iCloud... 25 gig for what.. 5 bucks or something a year..

Let me make a few sharp points... for a product that "sucks"..... those of us that know how to use it.. have no issues.. And thats a lot of flippin people... Might I suggest you try that youtube thing again and look for some " how to use my ipad tutorials......

Now to answer the origional question... I have an app on my ipad that connects my iPad to my HP wireless printer.. prints like a champ..

Latest posts

Top Bottom