Ideas for ccw for small frame people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hello all, My name is Bryce, new to OkShooters

I got my ccl about a month ago and I'm in need of a ccw. I currently have a Glock 19 and I can carry it fine with jeans and a t-shirt, but at work I wear dress clothes and the 19 prints way too much to carry. I'm 5'10" about 175lbs, so with that said what would be a good ccw, I like the ruger lcp, don't know anything about the kahrs, the glock 26 I really like but its a little to thick, just read about the cz 2075 rami and the cz desert eagle, both seem small enough. Any info would be great

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The CZ and Baby eagle would both suffer the same issue as the G26/27, they are thick. Just about the only way to get away from the thickness issue is to go single stack.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to wear a dress suit to work all the time also. Carried my Glock in the small of my back and never had any trouble with printing. Only problem was I could never take my jacket off. Co-workers thought I was touched because I wouldn't hang my jacket up. :lookaroun

OK, I might be touched but that is a different thread.

Now that I do not work I carry a Colt Gold Cup. Slimmer profile is definitely easier to conceal, regardless of where you carry on your person.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Kahr PM9 is a definite list topper for what you're wanting. Thin, light, compact and packs plenty of punch. Just make sure you run a few hundred rounds through one before you carry it (they're notoriously tight when new).

If you think you can't go that big (and you should be able to easily), go with a Kel-Tec P3AT or LCP.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The p3at/lcp/p380 are pretty much in a class to themselves. My kahr cw9 doesn't hide as well as my G27 but a little better than my G23. I'm 5'9" 200lbs. My p3at is just rediculously easy. A potent round that disapears in a pocket with a pocket holster. It's what I use when wearing slacks. Sure, it's no .45acp, but somebody will be having a real tough day if they run into a couple at close range. A pm9 weighs about what my airweight j-frame does and in slacks it prints pretty well and it's weight causes it to bobble around alot even with a pocket holster. I'll still eventually will try one though.:yelclap:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
get a J-frame Airlight revolver and be done
disapears into a pocket for comfortable all day carry.

there's smaller like P3AT in .380, but as with all tiny auto's. requires break-in of at least 100+ shots to make sure it's reliable. most will require a fluff-n-buff. if one is willing to prep their P3AT... it's one of the best CCW.

vs J-frame's dead nuts reliability with no holds +P .38 .. if one is willing to stump up $$$...titanium versions are feather light. my 337PD w/CT weights 12oz loaded

Latest posts

Top Bottom