Ideas on enamel coated cast iron cookware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksman
Reaction score
JT beat me to it. They have an outlet store in OKC, you might check there. Is she wanting a set that big? Its a good deal for everything you get. Lots of people will slowly build there collection of Le Creuset stuff. You might find a deal on a smaller set and add the essentials later. Good luck

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Le Creuset is awesome but $$$ as you know. They have some good stuff at Costco (made in France, may even be Le Creuset rebranded) sold as Kirkland. If you are out of town and near a store, I would check it out. Next time I am in KS, MO, or TX I am going to hunt some down.

Short of those two, Lodge has decent enameled stuff. It's made in China unlike their cast iron (as they reportedly cannot find a USA company to do the enameling), but they reportedly very carefully selected the vendors and oversee the process and testing carefully. I have heard good things.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JT beat me to it. They have an outlet store in OKC, you might check there. Is she wanting a set that big? Its a good deal for everything you get. Lots of people will slowly build there collection of Le Creuset stuff. You might find a deal on a smaller set and add the essentials later. Good luck

Outlet mall is insanely priced also. GC nearly choked to death in there! :D

Le Creuset is awesome but $$$ as you know. They have some good stuff at Costco (made in France, may even be Le Creuset rebranded) sold as Kirkland. If you are out of town and near a store, I would check it out. Next time I am in KS, MO, or TX I am going to hunt some down.

Short of those two, Lodge has decent enameled stuff. It's made in China unlike their cast iron (as they reportedly cannot find a USA company to do the enameling), but they reportedly very carefully selected the vendors and oversee the process and testing carefully. I have heard good things.

I have a Costco membership and I've never darkened the door of a Costco (We LOVE YOU!! :D). Every single thing I've ordered has been shipped to me at the store price, no shipping charges added. I'll go do a "test run" on their enameled cookware and post my results ... :naughty:

ETA: My search only netted Kirkland Stainless Steel and Aluminum Cookware ... :( sorry ...

because you don't need to season it. I prefer just regular ole cast iron. The enameled stuff is prettier to look at though

If you cook a lot of tomato-based sauces, supposedly the acidity will eventually eat the seasoning off the cast iron and pit it. I dunno, I just just an enameled pot cuz I don't want to risk my cast iron ... GC doesn't like anything that doesn't have tomato sauce in it ... Unless it's a hamburger from WhataBurger ... :grumble: :wink2:

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, well for me it seems to defeat the purpose of cast iron.

It does. You don't get any iron in your food and I'm pretty sure it has sticking issues. My cast iron never sticks, but I'm a freak about taking care of them. They will literally last a lifetime and more if they are properly taken care of. I cannot say the same for any other pans I've ever had.

The still conduct heat, the enamel does keep them from rusting, and they have the nice weight of regular cast iron. Some people just don't like the maintenance on them. I'm sure if you take care of the enamel ones they will last too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom