Ideas on enamel coated cast iron cookware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to just throw my pan in the grill for a few hours after cooking with it. Scrape off any excess carbon after you pull it out, and it's ready to use again.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you miss the part about child labor? LOL the skillets are the only dishes I wash. and I only have two of them. Please don't think im some kind of neat freak believe me its a lie if you do LOL

I was more impressed by the cooking every morning than the skillet washing.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So that's not just an ugly rumor started by le Creuset?? :wink2:

Nothing you can't fix by re-heating with shortening and re-seasoning. But yea, it strips the coating off. Speaking fro 1st hand experience. In the meantime I use my stainless but I just feel like it's inferior. I miss the heft.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There isn't anything on the planet that cooks better than cast iron. Heat transfer, iron supplement, no stick, easy cleaning, food stays warm long time after heat. You can fry, simmer and the best part.....Bake! Cornbread is to die for in CI. It just doesn't get any better.

I've used my dutch oven many times for long chili cooks but it does require a re-season afterwards. I may just pick up an enamel one. Enamel is likely to be easier on the glass cooktop too.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing you can't fix by re-heating with shortening and re-seasoning. But yea, it strips the coating off. Speaking fro 1st hand experience. In the meantime I use my stainless but I just feel like it's inferior. I miss the heft.

Cast Iron and Stainless Steel is all I cook with in my kitchen. I love my CI and everything that comes with it, even the seasoning process, but some things are just better left to my SS set. I season my SS similar to CI and it makes me feel a little less dirty.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Lodge cast iron, both enameled and raw, and they work every bit as well as my friend's Le Cruset. The only thing I can't find that Le Cruset makes, but Lodge doesn't, is a large, 14" or so brazier. I don't know if I'm going to suck it up and drop the $200+ on it or now, but getting an enameled pan for under $100 eases the burn.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife never liked cast iron. I might see if she wants enameled. She uses SS cookware. I only cook in the crock pot or outdoor grill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom