Ideas on enamel coated cast iron cookware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of the heat transfer of cast iron without the fuss. I use both but prefer the enameled dutch/french ovens for ease of use unless I am cooking on a fire/coals. I love to cook but hate to clean.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you cook a lot of tomato-based sauces, supposedly the acidity will eventually eat the seasoning off the cast iron and pit it. I dunno, I just just an enameled pot cuz I don't want to risk my cast iron ... GC doesn't like anything that doesn't have tomato sauce in it ... Unless it's a hamburger from WhataBurger ... :grumble: :wink2:

I "season" mine after every use LOL I'm probably a little over zealous in my cast iron care...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of the heat transfer of cast iron without the fuss. I use both but prefer the enameled dutch/french ovens for ease of use unless I am cooking on a fire/coals. I love to cook but hate to clean.

DING, DING, DING!!! We have a WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!! (Now ... I cooked, so who's gonna clean up?? :naughty: :rollingla)

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah ... I'm not exactly Martha Stewart when it comes to "kitchen care" ... I like playing around with stuff that is quick and easy ... :D ADHD, I think ... :lookaroun

im extremely far from martha LOL sometimes I even wait the next day to wash my big skillet but I only wash it in very hot water if there is something in there that tries to stick I just scrub it with a stiff brush or very lightly with a chore boy. But usually I clean the skillet right after dinner Its usually just a rinse in hot water then I dry it a bit with a paper towel, rub some oil all over the entire thing and set it on the hot stove for a bit. It literally takes me less than 5 mins. I have child labor to clean the rest of the kitchen mess :-D I have a small one that I cook breakfast in every day and I rarely ever clean it I cook eggs and heat a piece of sausage and a hash brown just about every morning. I just have to wipe it out with a paper towel and re oil it voila no time at all that thing is some kind of super pan.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This. You get the heat transfer and carry-over, but you can cook in acids (tomato sauce WILL eff up your pans if you cook it enough) and you can clean with regular soap. I don't have an enameled set yet, but after having my cast iron a couple years now, I want one good "French Oven" and one pan.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im extremely far from martha LOL sometimes I even wait the next day to wash my big skillet but I only wash it in very hot water if there is something in there that tries to stick I just scrub it with a stiff brush or very lightly with a chore boy. But usually I clean the skillet right after dinner Its usually just a rinse in hot water then I dry it a bit with a paper towel, rub some oil all over the entire thing and set it on the hot stove for a bit. It literally takes me less than 5 mins. I have child labor to clean the rest of the kitchen mess :-D I have a small one that I cook breakfast in every day and I rarely ever clean it I cook eggs and heat a piece of sausage and a hash brown just about every morning. I just have to wipe it out with a paper towel and re oil it voila no time at all that thing is some kind of super pan.

:shocked: Good Lord, I feel woefully inadequate right now ... :( I'm gonna go wash my dinner dishes now ... :lookaroun

On a much brighter note, all my critters are fat, sassy, warm and happy! :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. You get the heat transfer and carry-over, but you can cook in acids (tomato sauce WILL eff up your pans if you cook it enough) and you can clean with regular soap. I don't have an enameled set yet, but after having my cast iron a couple years now, I want one good "French Oven" and one pan.

So that's not just an ugly rumor started by le Creuset?? :wink2:

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:shocked: Good Lord, I feel woefully inadequate right now ... :( I'm gonna go wash my dinner dishes now ... :lookaroun

On a much brighter note, all my critters are fat, sassy, warm and happy! :D

Did you miss the part about child labor? LOL the skillets are the only dishes I wash. and I only have two of them. Please don't think im some kind of neat freak believe me its a lie if you do LOL

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you miss the part about child labor? LOL the skillets are the only dishes I wash. and I only have two of them. Please don't think im some kind of neat freak believe me its a lie if you do LOL

:rollingla Ohhhhh ... OK ... I am the slave labor around here ... i.e., STEPFORD WIFE ... :naughty: Don't think I'm complaining!! It's the best paying, least stressful job I've ever had!! :D And my boss is such a pushover! :lookaroun (Love you, honey! :heart: :kiss: :heart:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom