If I want to move my kitchen ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol ... that's good!! :P

Ok ... I'm thinking maybe I should just leave it alone, replace the appliances and throw down new flooring and paint and call it good ... ****, GC wins again ... :wink2: Well, that's okay ... I'm sure I can figure out a way to make him pay ... :P

Oh, YEAH!!!!!

That $30,000 would buy a heck of a lot of camera equipment. We can start talking full-frame, perhaps medium format....

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it a slab foundation or a crawl space? makes a huge difference. Also like others have said if just removing short runs of wall you could get what is know as an engineered beam to take the weight. A good carpenter could probably handle this job. If you are just wanting a grand room You may consider half walls with beams also. Its hard to make a suggestion without seeing the layout. Sorry.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slab. I understand, streak. GC and our accountant have just about convinced me that what I want and what is an economically sound financial decision are two different things. I'm a dreamer but I'm not one of those women whose hell-bent on getting what she wants, even if it bankrupts us ... it's gonna be easier and cheaper to just enlarge the living room by enclosing the patio. Seems kinda silly to spend as much to remodel the kitchen as I originally spent on the house, ya know??

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:lmfao: Talk about a Freudian slip ... :lmfao: That's too funny to fix ... :rotflmao:

You may have just created Post #13! LOL

This is not a perfect answer but it's correct most of the time... if the wall you want to remove runs parallel to the ceiling joists the kitchen wall is probably not a load bearing wall. Just look in your attic to see which way the joists run. Easy squeezy!

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
...have the dining room, living room and kitchen open, with a island instead of a wall to define the kitchen.
...and all that kitchen cooking noise will be in the living room and interfere with GC trying to watch the big game. Don't do it. I rented a house like that and after living there I knew the house I bought would not be configured like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom