If you could pick your course curriculum what would it be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is all good stuff guys. I have to tell you though, a lot of the info you are asking for is covered in our Advanced Concealed Carry Course. The integration of empty hands, flashlights, edged weapons and firearms is a huge part of the ACC class. The scenarios are based on whatever the students need work on and everybody that has taken the class so far has loved it!

The July class has been full since February and we're working on freeing up another weekend so we can get another Advanced Concealed Carry class scheduled.

Keep the ideas coming please. This is great stuff and we want to accommodate our students as much as possible. I'm listening so fire away.

Brother Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
looking forward to taking ACC course. Just have to wait for hip to heal properly. Probably looking at Aug or soon after. Will keep checking on classes and get enrolled as soon as I can physically handle it. All I have read about course and what you have said it sounds like what I am lookng for.

Cycklone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a thought here...

Why not do like 1/2 of a Shotgun class (200 rounds and 20 -00/Slugs)

Then run 1/2 of a Advance Pistol 1 run class out to 20yrs and only shooting 4-500 rounds ammo?

that is what i would be looking for if people ran a class in the middle of the wk so i wouldn't have to PTO it... my only problem with working wkends!!!

just my .02
Cyck

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a thought here...

Why not do like 1/2 of a Shotgun class (200 rounds and 20 -00/Slugs)

Then run 1/2 of a Advance Pistol 1 run class out to 20yrs and only shooting 4-500 rounds ammo?

that is what i would be looking for if people ran a class in the middle of the wk so i wouldn't have to PTO it... my only problem with working wkends!!!

just my .02
Cyck

Tom Givens is running a class similar to this in Shawnee in September during the week. There are details on here somewhere.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As others have said, a real-world-scenario type class would be handy. In addition to defense against car-jackings, I'd suggest training on how to defend against home break-ins, especially those that happen while you're asleep.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We sure can. It's easy to do. It just takes 10 people or more and we'll come to you. We've been to Texas, Kentucky, Kansas, Arkansas and more to train folks. Ain't no reason we couldn't take a 2 hour drive to the city for a class. Put some folks together for us and we'll get our butts down there. Anybody that puts a class together trains for free of course.

We'll have a few open weekends from time to time. I'm almost to the point where we'll be able to teach 2 classes on different ranges simultaneously. With 10 instructors we can do a whole lot of stuff for folks.

Thanks Al. See ya soon!

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell some of Marshalls instructors have even been a bit farther than Kentucky ..... Germany, England, Russia, Phillipines, and the Nederlands.

I would love to see a 3-gun course also, now who do you think we could get to teach it??

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hell some of Marshalls instructors have even been a bit farther than Kentucky ..... Germany, England, Russia, Phillipines, and the Nederlands.

I would love to see a 3-gun course also, now who do you think we could get to teach it??

Id love to think big;
do a three day course, have Kurt be primary and see if we can convince him to bring one of his top 3gun shooting buddies. (hopefully someone who shoots an optic!)

we could fill a class of 20 easily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom