IHOP Edmond is dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before I became diabetic, back when I still had low blood sugar. :P My favorite at IHOP was chicken fried steak and scrambled eggs. Hashbrowns and a biscuit. Hold the pancakes.

I wonder if that had anything to do with me becoming diabetic? :P

Serious probably not since we only ate there like twice a year.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys have a favorite breakfast diner in the Edmond/NOKC area? We usually hit IHOP when we're in a breakfast away from home mood, but that place has turned into a heap of trash after Corona. We went yesterday and they have tiles falling off the hostess platform onto the floor. The floors were dirty, and even with a waiting area full of people they had at least 8 tables empty. No one was at the hostess counter taking names or attempting to make a list.

Finally sat down (party of four) and couldn't get silverware to save our lives, had to get it ourselves. And napkins. And crayons for he kids. I just raided the waiter's booth after the third trip. I just want a place I can reliably come in, sit down, have a nice cup of coffee and some eggs and sausage without feeling like I'm tipping myself for my superior waiting skills and without driving 20 miles.
:(
Cracker barrel

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to go to IHOP in Midwest City but the place got sort of unsanitary or maybe shop-worn and we quit going.
Every time I go out to eat breakfast somewhere I think, a pound of bacon, dozen eggs, one potato, loaf of bread and viola! Breakfast at home 4-6 mornings for maybe 1/4-1/2 of what eating out cost for one breakfast.
Still nice to eat out sometimes though.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to go to IHOP in Midwest City but the place got sort of unsanitary or maybe shop-worn and we quit going.
Every time I go out to eat breakfast somewhere I think, a pound of bacon, dozen eggs, one potato, loaf of bread and viola! Breakfast at home 4-6 mornings for maybe 1/4-1/2 of what eating out cost for one breakfast.
I always felt greasy after going to some of the IHOPs.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My main issue is the eggs, up until now I'd had chickens for the last decade, commercial eggs suck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom