I'm glad I'm here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'se guys are good.

I've got some good times ahead in the Sooner State.

One question.

Do I root for OSU or OU? (I actually just graduated from NSU.)

I have a confession. I don't really like the color orange. But I can get over it.

Let me help you with that question.

Fact: Oklahoma is the winningest program in the modern era and No. 3 all-time.
Oklahoma is the winningest program in what is widely considered the modern era of college football. OU has the most victories and best winning percentage since World War II. In overall college football history, the Sooners are No. 3 in winning percentage (.717), behind only Michigan (.735) and Notre Dame (.731).

Fact: ESPN ranked Oklahoma the most prestigious college football program.
ESPN's research department ran all the numbers through the computer to come up with the No. 1 program of the past 73 seasons. "When you look at the big picture of college football since 1936, no program has achieved greatness as consistently as Oklahoma. We didn't even count the fact that Oklahoma owns the longest win streak in FBS history (47) or leads the nation with a .765 winning percentage since World War II."

Fact: OU is recognized for more national titles than any other team since 1936.
OU claims seven consensus national championships since 1950. Did you know the NCAA recognizes far more for the Sooners? Utilizing the official selectors as recognized by the NCAA since the advent of the Associated Press poll in 1936, Oklahoma has earned national titles in more seasons (16) than any other team. The Sooners are followed in the Top 5 by Notre Dame (15), Alabama (14), Ohio State (14) and Southern Cal (13).

Fact: Oklahoma has more 10+ win seasons than any other program.
The Sooners have amassed 33 seasons with 10 or more victories -- the most of any program in the nation. OU also leads the nation in seasons with 11+ wins with 20. Oklahoma's enduring success on the gridiron is further reflected in the fact that the Sooners have recorded seasons with 10 or more wins in eight different decades since the first double-digit win season in 1915 (10-0).

Fact: OU has fewer losing seasons than any team in major college football history.
In 117 years of football, Oklahoma has posted just 12 losing seasons. No team in major college football history has suffered fewer losing seasons. Notre Dame and Texas each have 13 losing seasons in program history. Oklahoma also has the lowest percentage of losing seasons in total seasons played.

Fact: Oklahoma has scored more points than any team in college football.
Michigan began playing football in 1879 and has since scored the second-most points in college football history. The Wolverines trail Oklahoma, which didn't start playing football until 16 years later. The Sooners have scored 31,932 points in their history, churning out a record average of 27 points over 1,181 games.

Fact: Oklahoma has the longest winning streak in college football history.
Oklahoma holds the NCAA record for most consecutive wins by a major college program at 47-straight. The streak spanned five seasons from 1953-57. Oklahoma's 47-game winning streak is considered one of the greatest feats in college football history. More amazing? OU owns three of the seven longest win streaks in the modern era of college football.

Fact: Oklahoma is the only school to have appeared in all five BCS bowl games.
The current BCS games include the Sugar, Fiesta, Orange and Rose Bowls plus the BCS National Championship Game (started in 2007). Oklahoma is the only program in the nation to have appeared in all five games. Since 2000, the Sooners have been to three Fiesta Bowls, two Orange Bowls and made one appearance in each of the Rose, Sugar and BCS games. Overall, OU has played in eight BCS bowl games including four for the national title.

Fact: Oklahoma has been ranked No. 1 by the AP more times than any other team.
OU has a long and illustrious history with the Associated Press Poll since the service began in 1936. The Sooners have been ranked No. 1 more than any team. The Sooners also own the most weeks in the Top 2, in the Top 5 and in the Top 10. The Sooners top the nation in average poll ranking and have the highest average finish in the final poll of any team.

Fact: No team has been No. 1 in the BCS more weeks than Oklahoma.
Since the introduction of the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) in 1998, Oklahoma has been ranked more weeks at No. 1, in the Top 5 and in the Top 10 than any other program in college football. The Sooners have been at the top of the BCS standings for a record 20 weeks and ranked in the top five for 48.

Fact: Oklahoma is the only school to have four head coaches with at least 100 wins each.
Oklahoma is the only program in major college football to produce four head coaches with at least 100 wins each. Bob Stoops reached the mark against Washington in Seattle on September 13, 2008. The others? Barry Switzer (157 wins), Bud Wilkinson (145) and Bennie Owen (122).

Fact: No team has produced more unanimous All-Americans than Oklahoma.
Of Oklahoma's 153 All-Americans, 31 were accorded the highest honor -- unanimous selections -- as designated by the NCAA. No school in the nation has produced more unanimous All-Americans than Oklahoma in the history of college football.

Fact: Oklahoma has had at least one first team all-conference player every year since 1926.
Oklahoma has produced 454 first team all-conference players since Owen Acton first earned the honor in 1907. OU has placed at least one all-conference player on the first team every year since 1926 (86 seasons). In fact, OU has only had one season when playing in a conference without first-team honors (1925). That's 96 of 97 seasons!

Fact: OU has won nearly as many Big 12 Championships as all other teams combined.
OU won its seventh Big 12 title with a victory against Nebraska in the 2010 Big 12 Championship Game. Since the conference was formed in 1996, OU has won seven championships while all the other teams have combine for nine. OU is the only team to win back-to-back titles (2006-2007) and three-in-a-row (2006-2008).

Fact: The Sooners win a conference title nearly every other year.
Oklahoma won its first conference championship in 1915 and has since tacked on another 42. The Sooners average a conference title nearly every two seasons. That's precisely the pace Bob Stoops' teams have been on in recent years with Big 12 Conference crowns in 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2002 and 2000.

Fact: Oklahoma is No. 4 in the nation in players selected in the NFL Draft.
OU has supplied 357 players all-time in the NFL Draft. Forty-two of those players were taken in the first round including three overall No. 1 picks (Bradford, Sims, Selmon). In 2010, Oklahoma became the first school ever to supply three of the first four NFL Draft picks.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. And dont mind Dog, hes just the neighborhood wacko living in his foil lined house. Crazy as hell, but if you ever need some reynolds wrap... you know where to go.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in CA in the sixties when it was still a free state. Been here in OK since 71 and would not consider anywhere else. Remember the heat keeps people from moving to this great state. If it was 80 degrees all summer, we would eventually having a population like CA! Enjoy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom