I'm so proud of my son

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn just gave away my last Marlin 60 .22 to another family for their up and coming shooters. Let me dig around and see what I can find.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
single shot .22 is the only way to go when starting out.
good habits like making your shot count will last a lifetime!!

His first gun to learn on will be the one I learned on. Winchester Model 67. Bolt action rifle. Single shot, manual cocking action, manual safety. perfect. Each step has to be deliberate.

IronMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Avatar shows what my Granddaughter got for her 4th Birthday. A pink Cricket .22 bolt single shot rifle. These little rifles are great for a first gun imo.

She hasn't shot it yet but I have been teaching safety with it and letting her get used to handling it. BTW they do come in black for boys:thumbup3:

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have considered a cricket. One might be purchased so I don't have to chop the stock on the Winchester. I want to refinish this rifle but dont want to ruin the patina the stock has collected over the last half century.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Wife went to norman to go visit a friend who is in ICU so it was guys night. We hit Bass Pro to kill some time then it was to H&H to finish off the guys only time.

After my son dragging me around H&H for about 15 minutes or so. We started to make our way back to the sales side from the ranges. He was pulling me along when he said, "Come on Daddy I want to pick out my gun."

It brought a tear to my eye. Unfortunately I just don't have the extra money to go let him pick out "his" first gun.

That's awesome I can't wait for my son to tell me that

Latest posts

Top Bottom